Joe Pesci Oscar win

He won for Goodfellas but they showed a clip from home alone Did the studio not allow them to show a Goodfellas clip?

Man, I didn’t believe you at first, but I just looked it up on YouTube, and I’ll be damned if they didn’t show a Home Alone clip.

It’s made even funnier when you consider the fact that the award was presented by Brenda Fricker, who co-starred in Home Alone 2 the following year.

Funny how? What’s funny about it?

Hey, I don’t mean nuthin’. It’s a funny story, is all!

Can you link to what you’re seeing? Because what I see here is a still from Goodfellas (preceded by stills from each of the other performances). Where did you see a clip from Home Alone?

Here:

I’m flabbergasted. I wonder if that’s why his acceptance speech was 5 words long.

Weird. Why is it that the clip I linked to showed only still images?

Hang on - I’m reading the comments on that, and it looks like it was edited. They showed the “I’m funny how” clip during the actual broadcast.

Yeah, if you watch the Graham Greene/Dances With Wolves part of the clip, the subtitles are clearly added (and hilarious):

“Do you think I’ll beat Joe Pesci for Best Supporting Actor?”
“What, that little twerp?”

The clip I linked to was posted by the academy itself, so I suspect it shows the unedited video.

The lesson, I suppose, is to be very careful what you believe based on what some random person posted on YouTube.

should have realized that was fake