John Carter of Mars

Someone finally noticed! Thanks, I love it here.
:slight_smile:

If they’re cheesy pulp sci-fi, shouldn’t Sam J. Jones play John Carter?

I went to high school with a guy named Johnny Carter, and the “John Carter, Warlord of Mars” stuff was always kind of a funny in-joke between us.

From scifi.com, about upcoming projects (sort of a hijack):

The Chronicles of Amber. Based on Roger Zelazny’s best-selling 10-volume series, this four-hour miniseries tells the story of a royal family with amazing powers over time and space, which is plagued by infighting as it tries to unite against a sinister enemy. Richard Christian Matheson will write the screenplay. Tom Patricia of Patriarch Pictures will serve as executive producer.

Four hours? With commercials, that’s really about three hours. You could barely get started on Amber in that time.

•On the Seventh Day. The seven-hour limited series takes place in the year 2850 in a an overcrowded world in which the government has assigned people only one day a week to live, while spending the remaining six days in cryogenic suspension. Gary Sherman (First Wave) will executive produce and write the original series, to be distributed through USA Cable Entertainment.

I presume this is based on the “Dayworld” stories by Phillip Jose Farmer; be nice if they mentioned his name.

•Colosseum. In this two-hour original movie, modern-day fight promoter Tommy Pettigrew finds himself transported back in time to the Colosseum of Rome in the year 95 AD. Sam Egan (Jeremiah) wrote the script; Mario Azzipardi directs. Egan and Azzipardi will executive produce with Matt Loze.

Okay, so they’re making this, which sound stupid, and nobody seems to want to do Lest Darkness Fall. There’s no justice.

What happened to the edit feature? I meant, of course, sounds stupid.

Baldwin,
Perhaps, considering some adaptations of SF novels (*Dune, Starship Troopers * ) DeCamp and Farmer may not WANT their names attached to the movies…

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

We have been discussing this and the upcoming prequel books over on my Amber message board. But it’s a “tainted” discussion, as we are all Amber roleplayers and GMs.

The pages and pages of Shadow travel can be shown in just a few minutes and we likely won’t get all of Corwin and Merlin’s internal dialog.

If they’re doing all 10 books, I am really looking forward to seeing how they portray the Courts, the shapeshifters, and the battle between the two great Powers for Merlin.

It goes without saying that Patternfall should be really cool if they do it right.

I hope they use the Corwin material and forget the Merlin stuff.