Jokes that take time to sink in

Oooh! I get it! I get jokes… ahahahahahahaha

…I think I get it, but I’m not sure…

scratches head

I get hung up on the fact that DaVinci & Picasso are not known for their sculpture work - they are famous as painters.

But I get all the jokes so far.

[…]

What do you call that show? [beat] The Aristocrats!

It’s an audio. “Hello, is that you?” = Hollow statue?

I probably could have used more recognizable examples of sculpture (though you don’t get much more famous than the Picasso sculpture in Chicago), but it’s irrelevant to the joke. Insert Michelangelo and Rodin. Better?

But he’s not looking for a hollow statue, just a statue. It still makes no sense. :confused:

Mucho mas mejor. :slight_smile:

Seriously, are you whooshing us?

I don’t think the hollow belongs there. “Hello, statue?” is “Hello, is that you ['s datchoo]?” So he calls a phone a “statue” because that’s his typical greeting and he doesn’t know the proper word.

Sort of contrived, I think…

Back in '79 I had a copy of The Official Polish/Italian Joke Book Such literature is scarce these days, but I distinctly remember this joke. The old man’s request, as the joke was published therein, is indeed for a “hollow statue” in each room.

I hope this clears things up.

This horse ain’t dead yet!

Link to an impartial site.

Sigh…thanks to those of you who got it. I think it’s pretty clever!

I don’t think it loses anything by making it a plain ol’ statue, do you?

No, I’m just stupid.

I think I’m going to go console myself with a copy of War and Peace now.

Have it your way…but it’s not as funny as the joke! :wink:

I don’t get it.

I use this all the time, I get about the same results.

The doctor never told him to take off the old patch before putting on the new one.

A drunk is walking down the street in London. He sees a car pulled to the side of the road, and the driver has the hood up and is looking at the engine.

DRUNK: What’s the trouble?
DRIVER: Piston broke.
DRUNK: So am I.

Why do cowgirls walk bow-legged?
Because cowboys don’t take their hats off to eat.

(I told this once to a classmate. Five minutes later she slaps me and says “That’s just wrong!”)