Jonathon Brandis Dead

Apparently:
‘Trembled’ actor dies
Actor Jonathan Brandis, 27, who starred in the movie “The Year That Trembled,” which was filmed in Ohio, was found dead in his Los Angeles apartment Wednesday. Brandis, 27, was found by friends and pronounced dead at a hospital, according to the Los Angeles coroner’s office. There were no signs of violence. An autopsy was due to be performed yesterday, an investigator said. “The Year That Trembled,” produced by Tyler Davidson and Scott Lax, who were living in the Cleveland area at the time, was filmed in Ohio and premiered at the Cleveland International Film Festival in 2002. Brandis played Casey Pedersen, a young man who is caught up in the turmoil of the Vietnam War. “It’s a terrific tragedy, and our hearts go out to the family,” said Davidson, who now lives in Los Angeles.

source

He was one of my main teen crushes. So sad if it’s true. :frowning:

That’s the ‘kid’ from Ladybugs and SeaQuest: DSV (or whatever that Star Trekky submarine series was called), right?
Wow, that’s a shame. He was so young.

My gawd. Did he have a drug problem, I wonder? I was watching him the other day in that movie he made with Piscopo and Chuck Norris. I had a teen-crush on him too (though he’s a few years younger than I am- well, he was a teen at the time).

If I were a celebrity this year I’d be hiring Thom Felicia to bathe my doorposts in lamb’s blood in the most tasteful way possible.

Carson could put together a kicky sheepskin ensemble, and Thom could whip up a snazzy Seder dinner, with arugual and radicchio for the bitter herbs and a divine Beaujolais for the ritual wine.

I guess you could put Jai to work keeping an eye out for Pharaoh or something.

Yeesh.

Yeah, he was in Sidekicks and Ladybugs**, as well as playing the role of the young Bill in Stephen King’s It.

Since making eye contact with Pharoah was a capital crime, I’m afraid poor Jai wouldn’t have much to do other than be thin and sweet and cute. OTOH, I know he can do that well.

Ted.

“He looked just like thin and sweet and cute, except for the little skull and crossbones on the label!”

Lord, I need a nap.

Sorry, Ted, you’re right.

And wht would Kyan do? Whip up fabulous Anne Baxter hairdos?

Weird. I just looked him up on imdb.com a few days ago for absolutely no reason. Probably hadn’t thought about him since he was on the cover of Tiger Beat, and that was a long time ago.

From Fark comments:

"The moderator of seaQuestLinkUp (a yahoo group) called the LA Coronors office to confirm the death of Jonathan Brandis.

This is what he said to us in an email tonight, "I have spoken to the LA Coroner’s Office and they’ve confirmed the following;

The FACTS are that he committed suicide by hanging himself. His friends found him at his apartment on the 12 November 2003.

There is still an ongoing toxicology report which won’t be available for about 4 - 6 weeks. "

:frowning:

This is all I know. I have not found any other information on the web about his death.

He will be missed."

That is so sad :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

It is interesting though that no news agency appears to have picked this up. A search of google provided nothing as well. Is there a chance that this is a hoax?

Yeah, and Joe did a good imitation of John Kreese from The Karate Kid in that movie. Made me think it really was Martin Kove at first!

“Piscopo is BACK AGAIN?”

This is a horrible tragedy for him and his family and fans. I am so very sorry that it happened.

I mean that sincerely, but I didn’t know who he was (once I clicked I realized I am vaguely familiar with some of his stuff). There was a FARK link on this topic and the link was his fans essentially saying things along the lines of (not WILDLY exaggerating this):* “Why haven’t they broken into regularly scheduled programming to announce that Jonathan is dead?” *Which I found, the attitude toward a ‘star’ I had never heard of, very, very funny.

I recognize the event itself that led to this is not funny & if you liked his stuff I’m (truly am) sorry

what? holy crap, everyone will be dead by the end of this year!

I remember seeing this dude everywhere as i grew up. Now he is gone.

That’s sad. :frowning: When I was around 10 or 11 I collected a lot of Tiger Beat type magazines (I think the name of it was “Big Bop” or something like that) and Jonathon was featured quite prominantly in a lot of their issues. I had a poster of him in my room for awhile. It’s a shame he died at such a young age…

This is so sad and bizarre. My girlfriends and I were just talking a few days ago about how we all had crushes on him when we were younger. I had a SeaQuest poster of him in my room, and I’m afraid I must admit that I only watched the show because of him.

:frowning: He was such a cute kid. That’s terrible.

My best friend in high school had the BIGGEST crush on him. I had a crush on Edward Furlong, and later on Will Friedle of Boy Meets World.

I haven’t talked to her in years, but I still have to wonder what she would say about this.