jtur88 Is An Obvious Troll and Liar

I’m almost afraid to mention it for fear of derailing the Pitting, but it is because I implied rather openly that this was one of the times that my signoff meant ‘fuck you’. For which I was (IMO appropriately) mod noted. I was not elliptical enough.

I was trying to play off that semi-humorously with my spoiler tags around my sign off in a later post.

The Scab of Stupid Posts was a reference to the posts, not the poster, in case that wasn’t clear. Even I know better than to attack the poster instead of the post (in forums other than the Pit).

But yes - it was a way of hinting that my signoff was meant sarcastically, and too strong a hint for that forum. My bad.

Sorry to be unclear about the post where I was not unclear enough. :smiley:

Please Achieve Sexual Union With a Syphilitic Wolverine,
Shodan

I was :confused: for waaaaayy too long to be :cool:. Then I was :smack:.

Regards,
Shodan

Good pitting. I didn’t see the post in question but I’ve been seeing a lot of dumbassery from him elsewhere.

Ah, the good old days of the SDMB! When did that end, when you started this thread?

Sorry, my friend, but if you keep lobbing them nice and slow like that… :wink:

I had to revive this, because this fucking troll continues to threadshit wherever possible.

Got any examples? Because all I’ve seen is socially clueless nerd. Which fits, since he says he’s on the autism spectrum.

Unless you think that’s part of the troll…

Well, I’m reviving this. In this thread in GQ, someone asks a question about due process rights for prisoners. jtur88 posts the following:

There is so much wrong here, it would take paragraphs to unpack. What is the point of going around spouting nonsense about a topic he clearly hasn’t studied? On top of that, there were already several answers in the thread prior to him posting.

And I keep seeing him do this in other threads. Spouting off nonsense about the law without the faintest idea of what he’s talking about.

I believe he’s a partner at the Dunning & Kruger law office.

:slight_smile: Bravo, sir.

This guy is like the Cliff Claven of this message board. He just makes up stuff and posts it in GQ.

In this thread, we get treated to his “knowledge” of East African history.

And now he’s an expert on math terminology and acting like a dick.

Well, to be fair, he is an expert on being a dick.

He brings his special brand of stupid again in this thread, where he makes an inane and incorrect factual point and then tops it off with a Debate hijack which (a) we’ve debated 100 times before; and is (b) completely inappropriate for the forum.

He is actually correct there. People would vote differently if electoral votes were assigned differently, so you can’t just take the raw numbers and say, “this is how it would happen”. For example, California would see much higher Republican turnout, while Texas would see much higher Democratic turnout.

But that isn’t what he said. He said that Presidential election by state and district lines would be “like the House of Representatives electing the President”, which isn’t remotely true.

Am I the only one that saw Mile High Lemon Party and thought band name?

Jesus Fucking Christ, this guy must be trying for the “most factually incorrect posts in GQ” award. Link. Is anyone else who posts here so ill informed on so many subjects?

Well, now it’s in GD. He’s still wrong factually, though.

This one didn’t strike me as trolling. He just doesn’t know what he is talking about, and does so confidently.

Regards,
Shodan

You can quite safely assume that whenever jtur88 states anything as fact that he’s pulled out of his ass.

It was in GQ when he posted. And his was the first post. But pretty much every few days he posts something completely wrong in GQ. His breadth of ignorance is astounding, and he needs to stop spreading it around this MB.

I don’t think he’s a troll-- I just didn’t think it worth creating a new thread.