Judge Kozinski resigns

As mentioned in another thread:

Update: Judge Alex Kozinski steps down effectively immediately.

Huh.

And now Trump has another federal seat on the bench to fill. Ironic, in a sort of ironic way.

I heard this judge said that he can just go up to lawyers and grab 'em by the pro se.

Sad!

Dahlia Lithwick, who writes about legal stuff for Slate, published a very personal article about this guy last week.

Sounds like it’s long overdue. What’s the debate?

Moved from Great Debates to MPSIMS.

[/moderating]

Give the accusations that have been made against Trump, I think a plausible argument can be made that he’s in his last year of office.

Wanna bet?

What a well formulated argument!

He won’t be forced out due to being a confessed sexual predator, he may be forced out if he is found to have committed obstruction of justice, money laundering, racketeering, and treason.

I’m saddened, because I’ve always liked Kozinski’s comments and decisions, but I’m not surprised.

Speaking of bets, what was our wager again? Whether Trump leaves office early or not? I can’t remember the terms, and you said you had a method of keeping track of these things.

He won’t be forced out because it’s unlikely that the House would actually impeach him; they have constituents who would be up in arms if that happened.

Same for the Senate. They may be able to get a majority, but 2/3rds is not possible.

And Trump is not going to step down voluntarily.

Those views can change quickly if charges are filed.

Yep. I think it’s wise to wait until Mueller presents his findings. It could be a nothingburger for Trump or it could be a whopper!

It might even be a Royal with Cheese!

Just in case you forgot. The name was Kozinski. Judge Kozinski. Judge Kozinski resigns.

I nominate doorhinge to be our official subject line crier. You really knocked that one out of the park.

Lordy sometimes I read stuff on here that actually make me nearly wet myself laughing. This is one of those times.

No, the smart money says that the Republicans will continue to hold themselves to a lesser standard than other people are being held to.

Yes, doorhinge, another public official with a history of sexual harassment allegations resigns.

So bringing Trump’s future in office into the discussion is on topic.