Kamala Harris vs Julian Castro: Democratic Primary World Cup, First Round

This is a group stage match up for our Democratic Primary World Cup. Everyone is invited to vote in the poll. Feel free to add comments about why you chose one of these candidates over the other one.

Kamala, easy choice. One of my top candidates. Castro hasn’t shown me much of anything as of yet.

I don’t actually care that much. I don’t think either is a great candidate, but I don’t suppose I actually dislike either of them. Abstain.

This.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with either, but I think Harris is more qualified.

Hard choice. I voted for Castro because Harris is unlikely to have a chance against the Hate Machine in November.

Harris, although I do like Castro also. Harris is the tougher one of the two, and I see that being one of the deciding factors come election-time. I do like a lot of Castro’s ideas, but he comes off a little soft to me. Maybe have a brother-brother duo, one in the Senate, one in the House.

Castro’s qualified as hell for the job and he’s been playing in the majors longer than Harris.

Plus, with luck he could nominate his brother as VP and we’d end up NEVER knowing what’s going on.

Still, Harris impresses me with her direct questioning and grasp on the issues. Harris.

He’s been playing in the majors? HUD secretary?

Wasn’t that a movie with Tim Robbins and Paul Newman?

Not familiar with Castro, but I’m pretty sure he is better than Harris who has ruined so many lives in California through the carceral state there. Especially off-putting was her desire to keep enslaved fire-fighters from going free.

Dude, you’re starting to sound like Mantraphitler.