karma is a knife welding cock (of the avian kind)

To whack somebody.

ROFLMAO

As a humane investigator, I’ve seen the cockfighting blades up close. They’re works of art, like samurai swords, and I’ve seen collections of the blades housed in carved wood boxes, lovingly cared for and stored, valued in the thousands of dollars.

They’re so thin and sharp, I could see one causing internal bleeding far more severe than what might be obvious from the outside. I bet his leg was a big black bruise, but because the blades are so thin and sharp, not causing much of an obvious laceration while severing the artery. It would bleed more slowly if the artery bled into his leg rather than to the outside, and fatal over the course of hours rather than minutes.

I’m sure his leg was extremely painful before it started going numb.

I hope the chicken laughed and laughed.

There’s an image of Sean Connery I can’t get out of my mind.

He’s wearing a chicken costume in The Untouchables:

"Cluck, cluck, they bring axe, you bring a blade, begawh, cluck, cluck. They try to cut you head off, you slit their throat–that’s the Chicago Way! Bwwaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkk!

Calf? Chicken? Do I see an invitation for veal cordon bleu with Dr. Lecktor?

On a light-hearted note, I’m going to attach a blade to my cock to fend of attackers. Yes, I have chickens.

Without confirmation from someone who really knows what they are talking about I very much doubt this. I don’t think you can bleed to death into your own leg under any normal circumstances. You can die of internal bleeding into your abdomen but I have real difficulty seeing how you could do that into a leg.

Having had a passing interest in cock fighting as a young teenager, I’ve seen a few people with scars that resulted from holding one’s fighting cock to one’s chest. Back then arming them with spurs was popular, but blades weren’t unknown. I say Power to the Roosters; they deserve it and I wish now I had never even seen a cockfight.

Just out of curiosity, what’s wrong with cock fighting? I mean, I understand people being upset at dog fighting, because dogs are pets, but chickens are just chickens. They’re not particularly smart, they’re not particularly cute, and they’re all going to end up being killed and eaten anyway. So other than it not to being to a lot of people’s taste, what’s wrong with it?

By thinking “How could I die from a stab wound to the calf?” after taking one in the femoral artery.

It’s also possible that his coop was kind of far away from his house (I know I’d want it that way–roosters are LOUD) and he didn’t have a phone with him. He might not have been able to get very far by the time he realized he needed help.

It’s cruelty to a living creature, one that knows that it exists, for the sake of your own entertainment. Very un-classy.

Dammit!

Go ahead and make the joke anyway. What are you…chicken?

The femoral artery is so named because it’s located along your femur, or thighbone. This guy was jabbed in the calf.

It’s a dirty, nasty sport, where cocks are forced to fight for a long fucking time for something they don’t even care about–people’s amusement. I would happily watch a couple of cocks duke it out in a farmyard for hens and territory. Not so some asshole can bet money and force the cock to fight until it is dead.

I’ll hazard a guess that there was a delay as the participants in the illegal fight debated between the wellbeing of the man and the risk of being caught. I’d also guess that the hard-core gamblers involved wanted to let the fight be finished before dispersing.

So essentially, Ochoa was cockblocked. To death.

No, if he would have *blocked *the cock, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

A little but I could probably outmaneuver him, I’m like poultry in motion.

No one could just apply a pressure bandage? And a stab wound to the calf doesn’t have to be described accurately to the authorities. Surely you just wrap it tightly to stop the bleeding (which solves a large part of the problem) and then get to medical help and say he stabbed his calf on some machinery or a sharp stake or whatever. How hard is that?

Someone has cocked up in a way that has been distorted in subsequent news grabs. It has to be more than just all the people there being chicken.

Well if you want an honest answer it’s because it’s mean. Are there some practices in the food industry that cause suffering? Oh yeah, but I don’t see why the existence of suffering justifies more suffering.

To use an example not getting kicked in the groin is ideal, but if that isn’t an option than getting kicked once in the groin is better than twice.

Excellent article. It deserves the Pullet Surprise.