Keirsey Temperament Types

Hey, I was just wondering how many dopers know their Keirsey (Meyers-Briggs) Temperament type… Also, what do you guys think of the accuracy of the type descriptions? I’m an INTJ and I like to think that the test is accurate for the most part. I think the description of my type is a fairly good explanation of who and what I am…

For anyone who doesn’t know what I’m talking about, go here:
Keirsey Temperament Sorter

I’m also interested on what people think of the general compatability of the different types. This test has always fascinated me…

Novus Opiate

For the Keirsey test, I am a guardian. Unfortunately, I would have to pay in order to get the rest of the description. I don’t need it that bad. I can go to my university and get it for free. In fact I remember when you could get your whole Keirsey personality for free from the internet. This site sucks!

All Guardians (SJs) share the following core characteristics:

Guardians pride themselves on being dependable, helpful, and hard-working.
Guardians make loyal mates, responsible parents, and stabilizing leaders.
Guardians tend to be dutiful, cautious, humble, and focused on credentials and traditions.
Guardians are concerned citizens who trust authority, join groups, seek security, prize gratitude, and dream of meting out justice.
Guardians are the cornerstone of society, for they are the temperament given to serving and preserving our most important social institutions. Guardians have natural talent in managing goods and services–from supervision to maintenance and supply–and they use all their skills to keep things running smoothly in their families, communities, schools, churches, hospitals, and businesses.

Guardians can have a lot of fun with their friends, but they are quite serious about their duties and responsibilities. Guardians take pride in being dependable and trustworthy; if there’s a job to be done, they can be counted on to put their shoulder to the wheel. Guardians also believe in law and order, and sometimes worry that respect for authority, even a fundamental sense of right and wrong, is being lost. Perhaps this is why Guardians honor customs and traditions so strongly–they are familiar patterns that help bring stability to our modern, fast-paced world.

Practical and down-to-earth, Guardians believe in following the rules and cooperating with others. They are not very comfortable winging it or blazing new trails; working steadily within the system is the Guardian way, for in the long run loyalty, discipline, and teamwork get the job done right. Guardians are meticulous about schedules and have a sharp eye for proper procedures. They are cautious about change, even though they know that change can be healthy for an institution. Better to go slowly, they say, and look before you leap.

Guardians make up as much as 40 to 45 percent of the population.

As for my Meyers-Briggs test, you can find the results that I had from a local community college in my LiveJournal. I will tell you though, that I am an ISFJ. Now, you find the rest. :slight_smile:

Uh, my LiveJournal url is in my profile. But to save you time click the link above.

Try taking the test at this site. I think it’s a little less commercial than Kerisey.com

Keirsey Temperament Sorter
This site has all of the type descriptions for free :slight_smile:

Personality Types

Novus

The test and the profiles used to be available free(and upon visiting the site I see they still are) at keirsey.com.

I’m an ISTJ, the Guardian-Inspector

I’m an INTP, although I have tested as an INTJ before (I’m real strong an all the others letters, though).

eNTj - Fieldmarshall

I also took this test back when it was free. Now everybody drop and give me twenty!

I’m an NF idealist, but I’m not shelling out 15 bucks to see what specific kind of idealist I am!

INFJ - Counselor. So… Vhat happened vhen you vere a child, ja? I used to be both an INTJ and INTP at roughly the same time, but I’ve changed a huge amount since then, so the accuracy of these tests are unquestioned in my mind.

ENTP

INTP. Tested twice.

I’m either an INTP or an INFP, depending on which results you want to accept.

I’m sure you’re all just thrilled to the marrow to know that.

I took this test back in college, and again today at the free site Novus Opiate posted. Both times I scored INTJ. However, at the kiersey.com site today, it said I was an Idealist (NF)-- and I scored the same when I took it again. Both descriptions seemed pretty accurate to me.

INTJ. S/N is pretty flexible for me, right near the line. Everything else is fairly solid, and I am absolutely introverted - not one E point on any test I’ve ever taken. (I took a psychological assessment class in college where we took two different psych tests every week; I’ve had my I/E ratio evaluated by maybe half a dozen different inventories - never one point on the extrovert side in any of them. Clearly, no matter what the Keirsey or the MBTI-based careers books suggest, I am intended to be a hermit.)

i am an I.(X).T.P., so i am either the crafter (artist) or the architect (rational).

INTJ. The descriptors of me are pretty accurate. I have found that using the descriptors has helped me quite a bit in understanding myself. Also, I am close to E, so I can be ENTJ when I need it.

INTP. It must describe a lot of people fond of the straight dope, because it seems a large number of us are.

I tested as an ENTJ (Field Marshal) 9 years ago, then as an INTJ (Scientist) three years ago. Depending upon my mood, I can score either one, these days.

Much as I hate pop psychology and astrology, I’ve always appreciated the results of this particular test.

I can’t attest to the validity of this test, but it’s certainly interesting for a party game, if nothing else. I would hate to be a party to a lawsuit based on this test/book/“study”, since the methodology is suspect and the claims are quite general and ultimately unverifiable.

INFP. I’ve taken it twice here at work with certified Myers-Briggs trainer/counselors and tests and tools and stuff. It came out pretty much the same way.

Another ISTJ checking in, Lsura!