Kellyanne Conway should be fired?

According to US special counsel office. (the office is not related to Mueller)

There is zero chance Trump will fire her so this is pretty much a waste of time.

Sometimes just getting things out there on the record is the best you can do. At least then future generations will know that we weren’t all morons.

Not a waste of time, depending on how you look at it.

The point is, she should be fired.

This tactic of the Trump “administration” to politicize everything, to attribute partisan motives to all his wrongdoing, is always his first line of defense. It is so ubiquitous that I don’t think most Americans even notice it anymore. He basically has persuaded the citizenry that as president, it’s perfectly ok to represent only the people who support you – not the entire population of the US.

The whole purpose of the Hatch Act is to prevent this. Many of Trump’s advisors engage in violations of it daily, and those violations should be pointed out every single day – irrespective of whether Trump does the right thing and acts on them. Which, as you point out, he will not. They are violations nonetheless.

Do you care? I hope you do.

Trump appointed the guy who heads that office , so that guy will probably be fired instead of Conway

Incoming tweet where Trump blame Mueller for this…

She should be impeached.

Come the revolution, comrades…

Yeah its good to remind people now and again that this sort of shit is not OK. Also that spending large portions of a speech commemorating, say, the boy scouts attacking your political opponents should not be viewed as normal.

There’s zero chance he’ll fire her for the right reasons. But just look at the turnover in his administration. Nobody lasts long.

Speaking of which,Sarah Huckabee Sanders is out at the end of the month.

We should have a ‘death pool’ for persons in the Trump Administration. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is an unpresidented development.

Perhaps Ms. Conway should make a statement about how there’s no controlling legal authority.

Except, ya know, the subject of this thread who has been with him since he won the nomination.

Does the Hatch Act now include an exemption for White House employees?

One thing about the Trump administration is that we can forever put to rest the claim that the GOP is the party of law and order. That is deader than a doornail now.

Nonsense… it’s the party of what they say today is law and order*.

*Subject to change without prior notice. All previous laws are orders are null and void.

Don’t worry, the white house already did.

It’s bullshit (obviously) but it’s enough for plausible deniability - at least for those truly motivated to deny.

The guy we hired to make sure our laws are enforced says he won’t do anything to enforce our laws.

11 page response? I figured it would just be “F**k you, we don’t care”

Legal briefs are sometimes unnecessarily prolix, but I think that’s what the letter boils down to.