Kendra Wilkinson post-baby: "How she lost 25lbs in 8 weeks" Um...she had the baby!

One of the lamest covers I’ve ever seen is a recent cover of OK! magazine. My sister gets it, and while visiting her over the weekend, I saw the edition with former Playboy Girl Next Door Kendra Wilkinson posing in a bikini with her new son on the cover. “How she lost 25lbs in 8 weeks!” the headline boasts. I was aghast…she HAD THE BABY, that’s how she lost it. Seriously.

My son is two days younger than hers, and I lost 24lbs in 8 weeks, thankyouverymuch. In fact, my son was exactly 2lbs lighter than her 9lbs 5oz boy, so technically, I lost more actual body weight, thankyouverymuch. But the thing is, there’s nothing impressive about that; I’m not boasting about my weight loss. For both of us, it’s just normal postpartum changes. Geez, I lost 12lbs just giving birth to my littlest man. (I still have 15lbs to go, dammit, to get to my healthy prepregnancy weight.)

Of course, my body is light years away from being in a bikini, and good for her for looking awesome post baby, but…I call LAME on the part of the magazine editors.

Though I’m tempted to post something snarky (like: “News Flash: OK! Magazine prints lame hyperbolic cover headline!”), I’ll say this:

Whenever I see one of those “HOW (celebrity x) LOST HER BABY WEIGHT/ GOT IN SHAPE FOR HER NEW ROLE/ LOST y POUNDS IN z WEEKS!!!” headlines, I always know how – she’s stinking rich, that’s how. She’s got a full-time personal trainer, chef, dietician, etc., as well as the time to commit to an exercise program. Those people don’t live in the same world as you and I do.

I’m reminded of the episode of Frasier where Daphne has just come back from fat camp. (They writers hid Jane Leeves’s pregnancy by pretending that she was getting fat by overeating.) Everyone is proud of her for having lost 9 pounds 12 ounces – which happens to be the weight of the baby Jane Leeves gave birth to!

When I was pregnant with my second son, I only gained 9 pounds. He weighed 8’13. So I actually left the hospital weighing less than I did when I* got* pregnant. I wouldn’t recommend it as a weightloss plan, but it worked for me!

Not to mention that she had the body of a playboy model before getting pregnant which I’m sure makes it a lot easier to get the body of a playboy model after having a baby.

Not to mention that most (all?) magazine cover models happen to be photoshopped.