Keurig's choice of 3 cup sizes

I measure precisely when I make coffee in the drip machine and with my Aeropress. I also use my one-cup-at-a-time Keurig machine. It bothers me that you get to choose 6-8-10 oz cups of coffee when the Keurig cups only come in one size. Is 8 oz the optimum size? And it’s understood that the 6 oz will be really strong and the 10 oz really weak?

Generally, yes, but it depends on the variety. Not all K-cups have the same amount of coffee in them, with “Bold” and “Extra Bold” cups having more. I usually go with the 8 oz for all varieties. There are also the various adapters for using your own coffee, which I will note that all the third-party ones that simulate the shape of a regular K-cup all work better than Keurig’s dreadful My K-cup.

Anything bigger than a mouthful is wasted.

Oh, wait…not that kind of cup size? :wink:

I didn’t know that! I learn so much from SDMB.

And you know this because you :eek: opened them up? Are you the kind of person who took apart radios and typewriters and left the parts strewn around the garage (IOW, an engineer)? I’m so glad for people like you. :cool:

ThelmaLou titters with amusement behind her gloved hand…*

My Keurig has 5 cup sizes. Although I cannot say what the measurements of them are, I can say I like the smallest with the strongest coffee.

Wow. FIVE cup sizes… and you’re supposed to make them all with the one-size-fits-all Keurig cup? That doesn’t make sense. It’s like there should be the option to plug in TWO cups for bigger containers. Actually, that would be cool, cause then you could mix flavors, too. Like dark coffee with the dark chocolate… :cool:

Yeah, you can only use the one K- cup. I imagine the largest size will make some WEAK-ass coffee.

Not necessarily; there are K-Cups for ‘to-go’ cups, and other larger sizes.
http://search.keurig.com/coffee/Larger%20Size%20K%20Cup

I always make the biggest cup regardless of the K Cup I use because while yes it’s probably a little weaker coffee (but not much), it also has more caffeine in it. The water is still coming out brown at the end of the brewing cycle.

I did try reusing a K Cup once … not a good idea. That WAS some weak ass coffee.

As kenobi65 suggested, it would have been awesome if Keurig had called them A, B, C, D, and DD.

I reuse their tea pods with success. It gets progressively weaker, but it’s still good.

haha titters!

:stuck_out_tongue: