Kids keep losing their $350 beanies at school

You sure about that?

:dubious:

Ok, now I’m confused.

Is the oldest daughter the one who banked her eggs in 2011, and the two siblings she babysat the other daughter and the son who disappeared?

Or did she babysit the two daughters who have been away in college for 6 - 7 years?

Did the missing son bank his sperm?

:confused:

Kids these days…they have to have hats? In my day, we covered our heads with hair!

Really seriously, when I was in grade school, if a boy wore a detachable hat (as opposed to a hood attached to his coat), the other boys would jump him in the playground, take away the hat, as play “keep away” with it, tossing it around the playground. Eventually it would land in a puddle or out in the street or whatever and they would get bored.

I’d then get in trouble with my parents for bringing home a wrecked hat and refusing to wear a new one. I developed a long-time aversion to hats from this.

Girls were much better behaved.

Well, that’s it. I will never buy that product. I thought for sure the pom was faux fur. I’m calling ‘Peta’

Back in my day mom brushed the dogs…spun the yarn and made us matching socks and hats…

Now, now, don’t be so prescriptive. “More things in Heaven and Canuckstan, Horatio” and all that.

Are you sure you don’t want one? Look, it’s special… “Extremely soft pure wool to tackle the most hostile urban temperatures, like sudden snowfall on a ski slope.”

How many urban ski slopes are there?

Maybe in your town, but not in mine.

I once stopped this dead in its tracks at Girl Scout camp by finally grabbing the person who had my hat, and then I bit her. :eek: It was the only way I had to defend myself, so I used it.

My mom knitted this red hat for my little brother. He was about 6. He got teased about it. He lost the hat. A few years later I found it — buried in the woods behind our house.

Back in the Paleolithic when I was in high school, the kids from the rich band of hunter gatherers wore Izod shirts and Nike shoes. My mom would only shop at Sears for us.

There was a dividing street where if you lived to the west of, you could pretty much count on not breaking into the popular cliques, even if you spend the money on clothes.

This sort of thing has been going on forever.

A foster child that my wife & I sponsored.

Old history. We did the best we could for the short time that we had the teenager. He hasn’t been in contact with us since leaving.

Way to go! Hats off to you.

That was my cousin’s daughter. My cousin wasn’t married, unemployed and liked to party. We took her 4 year old daughter in and raised her. She often babysit after our biological children were born.

She’s grown, has her own life and career. We are in regular contact and wish that she lived closer.

My wife had trouble carrying a baby and we wondered at times if we’d ever have our own kids.

When I was a teen I was a member, and had a jacket that proved it.

Ah, good for you. Taking care of the children, of fuck-ups, is a noble profession indeed.

Thank goodness for technology, like Skype and the telephone, that we are able to keep in touch with our loved ones.

Sorry to hear about your wife, but at least your cousin was such a terrible person that she gifted you, and your wife, with a child you could raise as your own.

Prisoner: “…Do you want to come back to my place?”
You: “…Yeh, all right.”

Yes, our cousin’s child filled a void in our lives at a difficult time. We love her dearly and we usually refer to her as our daughter. Although she was never formally adopted.

Thank goodness for Skype. I use it regularly.

Thank you, Aceplace, your explanation of your son is pretty much what I expected it to be.

I’m sorry for any misunderstanding.