Kids Say The Darndest Things

When I was small, & playing with a toy gun, I didn’t say “BANG! BANG!”
I said " WEAPON-WEAPON-WEAPON!"
Diver, that sorry lie you told came from an Art Linklutter collection, based on the old TV show “Kids Say The Darndest Things”. You are a liar & a snake!

We have met the enemy, and He is Us.–Walt Kelly

I have a cousin, now married, who, when he was a kid and not yet literate, used the spelling, “S-O-T-Y belly.” :slight_smile:

“If you drive an automobile, please drive carefully–because I walk in my sleep.”–Victor Borge

When my older sister was just a toddler,she developed a passionate love for ice cream. Damned if I’m not related to that girl…
Anyway, her infant cognitive abilities had tagged that “ice cream” meant that lucious sweet cold stuff, so my parents sneakily referred to it as TRN.
Of course this didn’t work.
She soon realized that the sounds TRN soon meant that her favorite nosh would appear. Then came the problem of unteaching her. They’d go to a restaurant or Dairy Whip or there would be this little tyrant bellowing “TRN! TRN!”
We still call it TRN; it causes many a doubletake in the Ben and Jerry’s section of the freezer case.

(P.S. This doesn’t hold a candle to my favorite adult blooper. In a large drug store, a woman with a voice to etch tungsten steel kept bellowing that she wanted a “pubic stone”. When the clerk asked in desperation what it was used for, the woman bellowed, “YA RUB WITH IT!”
She meant pumice stone.
I fled without my purchases, laughing so hard I blundered into a display of of condoms.)