King of Queens Backyard Scenes

I could swear the King of Queens backyard IS found on some other show. Anyone know what other show I may be thinking of?

Brady Bunch?

George Lopez?

Well, it was produced by Sony Pictures studios.
So if we look at the list of other TV syndications they produced, it would be:
Seinfeld
Til’ Death
Rules of Engagement
Community.

If it’s going to be any of them, it would be one of those four.

Source

It’s only a hop, skip and a jump away from Ray Romano’s house in Lynbrook. They could have a similar layout, although Ray’s yard would probably be bigger.

The above works only if you are working from the assumption that these are real people who actually live in New York.

What I found weird about the layout of their back yard is their Garage door is pointed opposite of the front of their house so basically they pull into their garage on a different street than their house is on. I have never seen that in real life.

Did they ever show the backyard of George’s parents’ house?

I couldn’t speak for queens, but I see that setup all the time. Usually it’s to the side, but there’s often an alley of sorts that runs behind the houses.

Hmmm George’s parents live in Queens, his Dad is played by Jerry Stiller…Doug and Carrie live in Queens and Carrie’s Dad is played by Jerry Stiller… coincidence?

According to Wikipedia, these are the other scripted TV series that have also been done on the Sony Pictures Lot where King of Queens was. Doesn’t necessarily meant hey were produced by Sony.

If a set was being reused, it seems likely it would be one of these.

Sitcoms
Cavemen (2007)
The King of Queens (1998–2007)
Living With Fran (2005–2006)
Married… with Children (1994–1997)
That’s My Bush! (2001)
Rules of Engagement (2007–2013)
'Til Death (2006–2010)
The Goldbergs (2013-present)

Dramas
Close to Home (2005–2007)
The Guardian (2001-2004)
Las Vegas (2003–2008)
Party of Five (1994–2000)
Masters of Sex (2013-present)
Ray Donovan (2013-present)

It reminds me of the Drew Carey Show backyard.

Nope, Frank Costanza is almost certainly leading a double life. Now we just need George to meet his half-sister.

I’ve only watched a few episodes, but not that long ago I saw a scene set in their back yard, and I immediately thought, “that looks like Al Bundy’s back yard”. So I say, Married With Children, definitely.