Ladies and Gents - The July Surprise. On Schedule.

Well, the list must be getting short, since we advised that 75% of the top Al Qeuda leadership has been neutralized.

Always kinda wondered where that statistic came from. Hadn’t heard that they had a membership list.

Badthought! Badthought! Trust the Leader!

Really? That’s pretty heady company.

Well, as mom always said, if you’re going to do something, do it well.

You wouldn’t have any actual… ya know… facts or anything hidden there to add to the admittedly brilliant rebuttal above, would you? Just as icing on the cake; it’s clear that the above already has me wriggling in the crushing grip of reason.

How the fuck did Bricker dethrone me? Or is the ‘most mindless, idiotic fucker of them all’ just the person that happens to be disagreeing with lissener at the moment?

I have to admit, it’s a pretty close call. I wouldn’t piss on either of you if you were on fire.

You’ll notice, you mindlessly dishonest fucking idiot, that Bricker wasn’t disagreeing with me; I hadn’t checked into the thread yet. He was just being a mindless idiotic fucker. You two should settle down, unplug the computers–you’d have to decide whose mother’s basement to share–and just fuck each other to death in some dark, orgasmic monstrosity of dishonesty and idiocy.

I think** lissener ** needs a hug…

Gee, lissener, don’t hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

:slight_smile:

Um…I’m going to stick up for Bricker. He wasn’t trying to be a cock, he was genuinely trying to clarify what sort of prediction had been made and later clarified that his remark about the search function was literal, not facetious.

I don’t agree with Bricker on practically anything but I have not found him to be either mindless or dishonest.

As much as it pains me to say this, I have to admit that made me laugh.

You have some serious mommy and/or daddy issues that you need to work out.

I just like a little certainty in my life. If I am the ‘most mindless, idiotic fucker of them all’, then I can rest on my laurels. If not, I have a goal. Shrug

OK, I can pretty much agree with you here. Yeah, it’s “fishy”. Makes you kinda wonder. But in the end, I have to say that this is one of those things we’ll just never know for sure. Might as well let it go, and concentrate on the things we DO know, and that DO matter.

A loon, huh? Unlike so many on this board who jump at this sort of thing? :slight_smile:

By God, you people are becoming fucking nuts.

What, you mean it isn’t the least bit troublesome to you that what seemed like a paranoid theory now shows some (shaky, admittedly) evidence is being correct?

Just shows you the efficiency of the Bushiviks. Took Nixon almost 6 years to make me this crazy.

Of being correct. This is the second mistake in two posts. Get your head in the game, Gad!

I agree – watching the Bush apologists spin this into One Big Innocent Coincidence That Has Absolutely Nothing To Do With Political Gains For George W. Bush induces nausea faster than fifteen rounds on Medusa.

Then you’re nuts, dude. You know how you know if Bricker is lying? His keyboard makes a clicking sound.

I’m not talking about presenting facts falsely; I’m talking about pathological disingenuousness in a debate: he never responds to what you say, because he can’t. So instead he rewords it for you, or something along those lines, and pretends you said one thing when he knows damn well you said another. He couldn’t win an honest debate about the difference between up and down, so he’s gotten into a pathologically consistent habit of debating dishonestly.

Part of the problem is that the Pakistanis really have not done what they are supposed to do. Musharaff is getting pretty much of a free ride , so far. The administration has been sympathetic to the fact that his country is full of wahabi wingnuts that would love to start some sort of Civil war.

Pakistan , is not going to see one F-16 , until they finally commit forces, the whole july surprise was supposed to be a combined offensive of Pakistani troops wading into that province that they own , but don’t really control, as beaters ,while American special forces and light infantry would move against the opposite side in Afganistan.

This is still to come , producing this guy from 98 is gravy , but not the meat of the surprise so to speak.

IMHO , Osama is dead

Three years ago , the FBI requested DNA samples from relatives of his for the purpose of identifying some smear that was found on the wall of a cave , in A-stan.

I Like the idea behind this , dilute the coverage of kerry , with some captured wingnut , shows imagination. Course Americans may not like it , and vote accordingly .

So Kerry getting endorsements , admittedly back of the cuff remarks on foreign leaders perfering a particular individual to get the job dont count either.

Mind you , this is not kerry specific , Jean Chreticiens nephew , the ambassador to America , pubically stated that Gore would be Canada’s choice to lead America.

Declan

You know, that’s funny for so many reasons.

I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

Right now, he would be my choice, too. See this:

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0624-15.htm

Of all the people on the baords to make this accusation, your making it has the most possible irony. I’d try to explain to you how to debate honestly, but I guess you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

On reviewing what people said here, I can see how this is a little stinky: Bush may well have issued an unethical request to Pakistani officials (although, given the anonymity of the official in the NR article, it’s hard to say for sure), and the Pakistanis may have unethically complied with it. It’s not as bad as I was originally thinking folks were suggesting: I thought folks were suggesting that a captive was being held incognito for a long time, or else not being captured, just os he could be paraded at the right moment.

I still think that if this story can get confirmed, it’ll be hellacious on the administration–especially if Pakistan complied with the government request by not capturing Ghailani as soon as they were able to. But i tseems a little more plausible to me now.

Daniel