Ladies, do you suffer from BRF - "Bitchy Resting Face"?

BRF aka PermaFrown. Useful on public transportation, airports, and fundraisers.

You BRF folks should count your blessings.

Bubbadog
Lifelong sufferer of CIRF (Clueless Idiot Resting Face)

Well, it does keep the unwashed masses away. :slight_smile:

Many women in bars are tired of PUA’s coming up to them and using CR’s, Negs and C&F. And they get tired of having to use the NRFR and LJBF excuses. And they certainly don’t want to be forced into FZ-ing the guy, because the guy might mistake that as an IOI. Maybe they want to spare the guy’s ego and not make him think that he has C&B’ed. So they use the BRF as an Anti-AI, or a combination of negative BL and BS if you will, in hopes that the guy will be discouraged from approaching her in the first place.

Yes. Judging by sheer volume of strange men on the street who instruct me to smile.

Engineer, please translate that post into English. Thank you.

I get that a lot.

My usual (spoken) response is “I AM smiling on the inside!”

The unspoken continuation is “I only LOOK like I want to rip your asinine head off.”

Yeah. I guess I can be a little grouchy sometimes.

There’s some women, when you look at them (they don’t even have to talk), you just know she’s a straight up bitch., and then it turns out she is.

Yeah. I sort of resemble GrumpyCat, too. Just not as cute, and definitely not as hairy. Thank Deity.

I think he was saying, “Bitches be crazay.”

I try to look mean and angry, but people usually tell me I look sad.

This thread (and your post) reminds me of my favorite moment in “Dark Shadows”. Eva Green is pulling up in her convertible with a slight scowl on.
Then she just slides up the sides of her face with her hands, like her face is made of clay, and climbs out of her car. :stuck_out_tongue:

“What the hell was that bitch’s problem? All I did was tell her that she looked like a straight-up bitch and she just stormed off like some kind of bitch!”

:smack:That “command” annoyed me before I was old enough to understand why. (Warning: Do not tell a thirteen year old girl to smile.) It is presumptuous, invasive and nobody’s business…unless I want it to be. What if my dog just died? What if she didn’t? What if the absolute, most therapeutic thing in the world for me to do in that moment is break down and cry, or slam a punching bag? What if I’m in complete bliss, but my bitch face doesn’t reflect according to cultural conditioning? Would you go to India and demand women “put on bikini thongs!” to enjoy the bitchen’ Ganges? Just “shed that silly ol’ Sari and put on a happy face?!” How did imposing our own neuroses onto a complete stranger’s emotional landscape become customary? Maybe it’s indigenous to So. Cal. I’d do better in N.Y. :slight_smile: :wink:

:TE=Antigen;16443498]I get that all the time.

• Why are you so upset?
  • I’m not upset.
  • You should tell your face!

My neutral mouth position is a little frowny. So what?

I do struggle with depression, so maybe that’s coming out in my expression. If it is, though, it’s not at all conscious.
[/QUOTE]

I suffer from the opposite - my perpetual smirking makes people think I’m a smug w*nker, which I can be, but sometimes I’m just feeling chirpy or bemused.

I’ve got BRF and so does my mom. The rest of the family (Dad and siblings), not so much. But my mom’s younger sister has it also.

I also have a sort of gruff voice. Lots of people don’t like me until they get to know me.