I have met women who can’t stand the word “moist.”
Same deal with “panties.”
[/QUOTE]
Perhaps you’ve met my sister – those are 2 of her squick words, the other being. . .
[QUOTE=Nutty Bunny]
Mine is “slacks”.
[/QUOTE]
Say any of these 3 words in her presence and she gets completely repulsed.
When I first read the OP and noticed the location, given that my sister also lives in the L.A. area, my first thought was that she could very well be the caller in question. I may have to ask her. Of course doing so would send her into convulsions. Hmmmm, perhaps I’ll give her a call.
[QUOTE=xnylder]
I’m not squicked out at all by that word. Then again, I used to love the band, so it has mostly positive connotations for me.
[/QUOTE]
For some reason, “Cake” used as the name of a band faintly disturbs me. And I love cake.
i know a lot of girls who get cringy at moist (most of them use wet to describe sexual arousal). Panties on the other hand seems to be more in contention. It seems like every woman has a preferred term for undergarments and that pretty much every other word you can describe them with is “oogy”.
[QUOTE=enigm4tic]
Panties on the other hand seems to be more in contention. It seems like every woman has a preferred term for undergarments and that pretty much every other word you can describe them with is “oogy”.
[/QUOTE]
Nah. ‘Panties’ has kind of a six-year-old vibe to it but I don’t care what you call 'em.
‘Skivvies’ and ‘delicates’ are kind of fun, and ‘underwear’ is dull but really, they’re just items of clothing.
I’m wondering what the ‘slacks’-haters think of ‘trousers’.
[QUOTE=WhyNot]
But yeah, now that you mention it, “Moist” does kinda squick me out. To me, it’s almost onomatopoetic for the noise a scalpel makes when cutting open a frog, or a hand ripping out pumpkin guts.
[/QUOTE]
Onomatopoeic. Just sayin’…
I’ve heard “Quit your grinin’ and drop your linen” as an eloquent alternative.
As for myself, I can think of no situation where the terms “female”,“moist” and “panties” would apply was ever anything but a positive experiance. I love those terms myself.
[QUOTE=Quiddity Glomfuster]
‘Skivvies’ and ‘delicates’ are kind of fun, and ‘underwear’ is dull but really, they’re just items of clothing.
[/QUOTE]
I go with “underpants” and “unmentionables”.
[QUOTE=Gangster Octopus]
My question: Is she right, do a large number of women freak out at the word moist? Does it cause you to grind your teeth and clench your fists?
[/QUOTE]
Moist is a perfectly fine word. Doesn’t bother me at all.
C*unt, now *that *bothers me.
[QUOTE=Miller]
It does sound a bit tinny…
Oh, look, antelopes!
[/QUOTE]
I am totally borrowing that line. Just to let you know.
[QUOTE=Petey]
Now that I know it’s freaks people out, I will use the word “moist” more often.
[/QUOTE]
Yes! I can’t wait to start! MOIST! Moist! MOIST!
Panties, I’m fine with. “Gaunch”, I hate. (Is that a Canadianism? Doesn’t squick me; it just annoys me.)
I’ve never had a problem with moist. My 30 year old daughter absolutely hates the word, even when it refers to food. Turkey can be tender and juicy, but if we say it’s moist, she practically has to stop eating. We’ve learned to refer to cake as “good” or “not dry.”
As for myself, I can think of no situation where the terms “female”,“moist” and “panties” would apply was ever anything but a positive experiance. I love those terms myself.
[/QUOTE]
Me too. I think “panties” is cute and it always conjures up a positive and pleasant image for me.
You folks heard about the guy who walked up to a young lady he knew and said, “Hey, your panties are coming down.”
She looked down and said, “No they’re not!”
He replied, “No sense arguing, I’ve made up my mind.”