Ladies; The Word "Moist"

Knobgobbler? Spooje? Toejam?

I find that many of the women I meet who are most bothered by the word “moist” are the ones who are also the most bothered by bodily fluids in general. They are freaked out by spit, blood, etc. and the word moist, in all it’s modern conotation, is now associated in their minds with all the functions of their bodies that bother them the most.

Grunties?

You may have something there. I’m a medical technologist - body fluids are my job.

As for “juicy”, it’s only oogy when it’s written across a pre-teen’s ass.

It doesn’t make me grind my teeth and clench my fists… but the more I read this thread, the more weirded out I get by it.

That’s what’s particularly weird about *me *not liking it. I’m that embarrassing one at dinner parties talking about cervical mucus. I’m the Queen of TMI. I’m planning to be a nurse, and welcome all the vomit, poop, blood and spittle that entails. I get excited by spectacular diaper blow outs, and I’m always the one at the party holding girls’ hair while they throw up. None of that phases me.

But “moist”. Ick.

“Used” is gross?

I once had a moist used car (Dodge Colt). It never fully dried out after being flooded in a parking lot during a Biblical rainstorm.

Now, “groin”. There’s a beautiful word. Poetic, like.

I like the word moist, but if a girl said to me: “you make my panties so moist!” I would probably offer her a towel.

Now if she said, “you are making me so moist” I would probably crack up laughing, then have sex with her. Like saying a strange word is going to turn me off? hahahahaha…

The inherent ickiness of the word was exploited in the movie “The Impostors,” when the creepy German guy (played by Campbell Scott) dabs at the sweat on the forehead of Lili Taylor and says:

“The danger of the chase has made you perspire. It has made me also… moist.”

Belgium?

So Kevin and Bean had the moist lady on again? She is a hoot to listen to. I’m sorry I was out of town and missed it.

No you should gallently offer to remove said moist garments. Then, hopefully, penis would ensue. :smiley:

I’m not bothered by “moist.” It’s a good word to describe foods that are well-saturated with moisture. I did, however, have a roommate a couple of years ago that was disgusted by the word. Not weirdo concerned with the cleanliness and goings-on of her girly bits, or one of those people that had to cover herself in scents. No strange cleaning habits that I know of, either.

I’ve never met anyone who was freaked out by the words ‘moist’ or ‘panties’.
I myself do not react adversly to these words.

It’s never bothered me, and I’m surprised that it’s so wide-spread as to show up in tv shows or movies. It never occured to me that it’d be considered oogy 'til I read a similar thread a few months ago.

I’ve also never thought about it being used to talk about being horny. I don’t think I could tell my boyfriend he made me moist with a straight face, and it definitely wouldn’t turn me on if anyone said that to me. It’s just an odd word, that doesn’t really fit unless we’re talking about food or wet-naps.

Do you remember how David Letterman used to latch onto and repeat random catch-phrases for a week or so, back in the eighties. (I imagine that may still do this, but I stopped watching in 1988.)

Anyway, there was a glorious time in 1986 when he used to frequently interject with “And, it’s moist.”

This is the best catch-phrase ever and still my favourite non-sequitur. All you squeamish ladies and gents can just suck it up.

It’s awesome. And, it’s moist.

I find moist amusing.

And I wish I could remember where I heard it, but there was a funny line once of, “Well, don’t that just damp your panties?”

I really don’t like “juicy ass.” Oh, yuck. The last thing an ass should be is juicy. Bleah.

Newp. Not as words, anyway. I would be somewhat ooged out if found a random wad of toejam stuck to my coffee cup, or slipped in a puddle of spooje while walking in my bare feet. But the words? Don’t bother me a bit.

I’m not squicked out at all by that word. Then again, I used to love the band, so it has mostly positive connotations for me.

Boy, I’m one of those that had no idea such a phenomenon existed. I routinely use moist as a description of the mucus membranes of a well hydrated child.
Of course, I’m the guy who’s always looking for an excuse to say I thought it was mucus but it’snot

My mom hates “moist,” and especially “moisture.”
I don’t mind them, I suppose.