Lady Agents of SHIELD: Most shaggable?

She’s clearly punked out, whereas Skye was a sensibly dressed modern woman.

On the one hand, yeah. TV stereotypes are taken too literally in the real world. There are people who, I swear to God, actually think their high school was divided into Jocks, Preps, Stoners and Poindexters.

On the other hand, are kidding me? Programmers are starting to feel like an oppressed minority because insensitive people comment about how they have no trouble fitting in with the normies – that’s your complaint? Yes, these days you can be a total conformo and still be trusted with an admin password. Why isn’t television educating the world about this?

Nothing about “oppressed minorities” on my side, but I do hate being hit with a stereotype first thing through the door. You do know that stereotypes aren’t only about oppressed minorities, right?

Yeah, I don’t mean to make it sound like I only have sympathy for the mutant underdogs of society. Those people who constantly have it rubbed in their faces that they’re not social pariahs are human, too. I admit that I too have a hard time trusting my computer to anyone I didn’t smell coming. But I’m working on it. It’s a brave new world.

I’m giving you shit here, but I take your point. The world isn’t MIT or Caltech in the 60’s. You can’t tell the hackers by looking at them. But the stamp of nerdity has finally achieved romantic status, especially as applied to female characters whom we’re supposed to pretend don’t look hot in those glasses. And now we should ditch the trope in favor of, what, reality? I don’t know. You’re asking a lot.

Sif!! While not technically a member, she did ‘team up’

Thor really ought to marry that girl.