LAPD as judge, jury, and executioner

Hell, I’d fire a few shots at a zombie Michael Clarke Duncan!

They seem quite adept at tricking themselves, thank you very much.

Just last September.

Poor guy’s barely cold and here you are writing him off!

I read the LA Times online every day and I don’t think I have ever seen as many comments after a story as this.

732 and counting and I didn’t see even one defending the police action.

Usually some people will be defending the police for some reason or another (and some are legitimate defenses), but not in this atrocity.

Bullets are in neighbors houses and cars and it is amazing nobody died.

Actually, one person (so far) is. Apparently he thinks that if you don’t stand with the cops, you stand with the criminals. I consider this logic . . . flawed.

That’s probably the most embarrassing thing about the incident for the LAPD: all those shots and they still couldn’t hit the target? Seriously?

Besides trigger happy the LAPD officers are lousy shots too.

The LAPD sure has done a great job…

… of turning what should have been a story about a nutcase cop-killer into a story about Police Gone Wild.

Good show, guys!

I’ve heard that police forces in the USA have an “empty the mag” firearms doctrine for the most part. I expect SWAT teams have snipers; but street cops are not typically great shots and their firearms doctrine proliferates overkill and stray bullets.

There has got to be some repugnant shit going on to turn an upstanding soldier and police officer into a cop-killer. However we should not forget that the LAPD is composed of a few good people and many morally bankrupt ones. Both groups will be feeling understandably angry, vengeful and scared right now. And the senior leadership in the organization will be going crazy trying to off this guy. Prudence is truly well advised in LA at the moment.

Actually, I just found another one who said the cops had no idea it was a newspaper coming out the window in the woman’s hand, it could have been a gun just as easily.

And I think that the Ed Burke character (who you referred to) is actually a troll.

wow! comments are up to 776. People are pissed, and rightfully so.

I hope no black men try to go skiing or boarding in Big Bear this weekend.

Not that I doubt you’ll find any amount of repugnant shit going on in the LAPD, but going by his posted “manifesto” this guy is a nut. Being a victim doesn’t make you a saint.

Exactly. He didn’t exactly go right off and kill a deeply crooked cop who was murdering kids and selling women into sex slavery; his (IIRC) first target was the 20-something daughter of his own advocate.

Maybe I’m mistaken but seems no one has posted a picture of the truck and its multiple improvised perforations. Here:

Comment is superfluous.

Can we drop this “advocate” bull? I don’t know details and don’t particularly care but it’s obvious from Dorner’s manifest that he holds some kind of grudge against Quan for defending the interests of the LAPD (blue line) while representing him.

At least they hit center of mass…of the tailgate.

They should kidnap his family, friends, and neighbors and water board them to see if they have any info on where he might be.

Not a saint. That’s a ridiculous statement to make. Dorner himself said his actions were a “necessary evil”. Necessary might be up for debate. Evil, not so much.

On occasion I still remember unjust, cowardly people I met who need their moral compass adjusted and I have angry and violent thoughts. Then I remember how great my life is and go play video games or something to forget about it.

Uh, angry and violent thoughts about murdering their family members?

How do you figure this violent outburst against totally innocent people is going to trigger any kind of reform? By what mechanism do you expect this to occur?

Bonnie and Clyde’s “Death Car”

There’s no kill like overkill.