Lefties Playing the Race/Islamophobia Card

They really are a tiresome bunch aren’t they.When they lose an argument (if they even tried to engage to start with) they trot out the usual claims of racism, Islamophobia, xenophobia and so on. Often claiming their opponents are like Nazis. They can’t just disagree with someone, they have to demonise them.

It’s time they stopped this shameful behaviour and pulled themselves together. Don’t you think?

Needs more references to “political correctness” and “snowflake.” Try again.

No, he’s right. Our country is politically divided because it’s so easy to group half the population into some nebulous category, “the other,” exaggerate their views, create a stereotype, and stop treating them like people.

I’d like for everyone to stop and slap themselves anytime they start a thought with “Conservatives want/think/believe,” because whatever is going to come next is probably disconnected from reality.

Of course, the same is true for people who say, “Liberals …” “Libtards …” “Lefties …” Hopefully the irony isn’t lost on the OP.

eta: Let’s try this on for size.

"Righties really are a tiresome bunch aren’t they.When they lose an argument (if they even tried to engage to start with) they trot out the usual claims of “race card”, “political correctness run amok,” and so on. Often claiming their opponents are like Communists. They can’t just disagree with someone, they have to demonise them.

It’s time they stopped this shameful behaviour and pulled themselves together. Don’t you think?"

Yep, I feel like slapping myself now.

I wasn’t intentionally leaving you out, snowflake.

Jefferson got kicked out of the Dortmunder novels for being unable to hold up his end of a barroom argument.

There’s much to be said about the “Don’t provide the fairy tale creature with sustenance”-approach, but if carried out it would work in this instance. No other approach will lead anywhere good.

Someone in one of the other 87 zillion threads on this same exact topic suggested turning troll threads into a recipe swap, and I volunteered to do hors d’oeurves for a cousin’s baby shower next month, so maybe I can get some ideas.

I’m already planning to do these:

Cream Cheese Truffles

2 8 oz packages cream cheese, room temp.
2 cups grated sharp cheddar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
finely minced red bell pepper (optional)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp black pepper

Combine these and chill mixture at least 2 hours. Roll into 1 inch balls with buttered hands. Roll balls in toppings (I have used sesame seeds, more Parm, minced parsley, bacon bits, crushed pretzels) and chill until serving time. I like to stick a pretzel stick into each one to make a handle.

These are wonderful, but make them well in advance of the party. The longer they go, the better they are:

**Beet Pickled Eggs **

24-36 hard boiled eggs, peeled
3 cups cider vinegar
Beet juice from 3 canned beets – 1 can beets into pickle jar.
20 whole peppercorns
6 whole cloves
4-6 cloves garlic
2 bay leaf
1 TB sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. allspice berries
2 sprigs fresh dill or 2 tsp. dill seed *optional

Boil beet juice, vinegar and spices. Cool, and then pour over peeled eggs.

Good for 3-4 months in refrigerator.

Ooh, here’s my old college go-to. Perfect for people really living on the cheap, or in their mothers’ basements. Should come in handy for Jefferson.

Budget Player’s Budget Ramen Sate
1 packet Ramen (I use this brand, I get a package of 30 for around 15 bucks at the local asian market. I’ve found Creamy Shrimp works best for this, but any decent Ramen - NOT Top Ramen - should do the trick.)
100g salami
50g Mushrooms
1 Tbsp. Sugar-Free Peanut Butter (if it’s too sweet it will not work!)
2 Maultaschen, or similar related soup-based item
Some form of hot sauce

Finely slice the mushrooms, cube the salami and maultaschen (not too fine!), put them in a small pot of water. Heat water. Add Ramen flavor packages, let heat to a boil. Add tablespoon of peanut butter, along with hot sauce to taste. Let boil until the peanut butter has dissolved, then add noodles and turn down the heat. Let simmer for long enough for the noodles to get soft and absorb that peanutty taste, then remove from heat and enjoy, straight from the pot.

Serves one very hungry person, or alternatively you can eat half plus all the noodles, then reuse the broth for another batch of ramen.

Caesar salad recipe:

I adore Caesar salads. I make 2 or 3 every week for a quick meal. Very easy to make and very tasty. Here’s my recipe (a very, very tangy and flavorful Caesar dressing):

Pasteurize an egg for safety (put it in hot but not boiling water for 3 minutes).
Mix the following – 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced, 2 tsps lemon juice, 1 tbspn Worcestershire sauce, mashed anchovy fillet or 2, 2 tbspns dijon mustard, a dash of honey (if you like a tiny bit of sweetness), and red pepper flakes/hot sauce if you want heat, and the egg yolk. I eyeball the ingredients, so you don’t have to get them exact. Slowly stir in 1/3rd cup of olive oil until smooth. Toss with a big bowl of chopped/ripped romaine lettuce, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese, to your desired amount.

(Where’s the like button, dammit! Your recipes are wonderful and I think I love you all! You’re the BEST!)

Pinwheels

Spread a flour tortilla with a thin layer room temperature cream cheese. Add minced smoked salmon, minced green onions, minced whatever else you think will taste good (I like cilantro).

Roll the tortilla tightly. Slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Serve.

Great, now I am hungry.

You’ve not lived until you’ve tried my tzatziki. It’s fuck-off delicious:

1 cup greek yogurt (full fat, is best)
1 cup sour cream (full fat, too)
4-8 large cloves of garlic, grated
1 cup seeded and grated cucumber (skin on, well drained)
2-3 tbls. fresh dill (finely chopped)
5 tbls. fresh parsely (finely chopped)
1 tsp. oregano (dry)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and keep in the fridge for use on burgers, kabobs, grilled vegetables, falafel, or just for dipping with some warmed bread or pita.

Was going to post to what that old time leftie George Bush the lesser said about Muslims. And how he avoided the bigoted trap guys like the OP have fell for, but I see that it would be a hijack. :slight_smile:

So, at least we should notice that Bush did like deviled eggs:

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/independenceday/2004/recipes.html

You simply haven’t lived until you try my lemon-beta cuck cakes, libtarte aux pommes, pasta with white genocide truffles, and cuisses de grenouilles à la Pepe.

Oh, I’ve been meaning to do beet pickled eggs for quite some time, now. Thanks for the reminder (although my wife might not be as happy was a big jar of beet red eggs taking up space in the fridge.) I might have to add a few hot peppers into the mix for a little zing, too! It’s been years since I made these.

Has this forum become so desperate for clicks that we’re now entertaining trolls?

Righties Playing Butt-Hurt Snowflakes Again

Huh. I guess there’s more than one way to feed them.

A lazy, but popular recipe, especially around Christmas - -

Use the toll house cookie recipe. Before adding the chips, add mint flavoring and a few drops of green food coloring. Bake as usual. Mint chocolate chip cookies.