Leftover turkey

Umm… throw in a couple of chipotles and adobo if you so wish.

Ha, ha, I saw that in the paper, too. I’m all for a bit of food safety, but only 2 days for leftovers? I’ve always gone with about 4 days, and some lady at the Mayo clinic website agrees with me. Though The Housekeeping Channel says 2 days and The CBS Early show says 3-4.

I guess I wouldn’t still be eating it today, a week later. If it were me.

Hell no, not unless it’s vacuum sealed, or frozen. I thought that it was just assumed Johnny has viable turkey, he’s no rookie.

Yes, the turkey is still viable.

I ended up sautéing about half an onion in butter, then threw in the finely-chopped meat (a mixture of light and dark). I put in a packet of taco seasoning and water and mixed it up, and then shook the Tapatio bottle over it for about five seconds. Cover and simmer. I did do the can of mushroom soup. Not bad. It would have been better if I left it out, but that would require shredded lettuce and such. Also, I’m out of corn tortillas. I had to use flour. And I was hungry, so I didn’t bother to shred the cheese. I just sliced it up. Tasted a bit like a Mexican stroganoff burrito.

I ran out of gravy so I went out and bought a jar of it. I love turkey leftovers.

What the hell is mole sauce?

Mole (moh-lay) is a dark sauce (with a bit of cocoa in it) used in Mexican cooking. It’s more pungent than sweet, so don’t think “chocolate sauce.”

Okay, I’ve got a nice big bowl of stock (the carcass plus a pound of carrots, a pound of celery, a few onions, bay leaf, cloves, peppercorns, simmered for about 10 hours). What should I do with it?