Lesbians - good, or awesome?

Fight my ignorance, please. What the hell are you talking about?

Personally, I don’t think lesbians are all that great. Neither are straight women, gay men, straight men, metrosexuals, asexuals, or florasexuals (as one memorable letter-writer in a pagan magazine I used to read described himself). They’re folks. Some lesbians are cute as a button (such as a classmate of mine in college who farmed, worked as a blacksmith, and gently rebuffed the advances of confused hippyboys). Others are nasty (such as another classmate of mine who liked to smear her boogers on the windows of restaurants as she walked past). Others are just decent, unassuming people (such as my deaf lesbian ex-roommate). Others are whiny, self-righteous gits (such as – well, no examples come to mind immediately).

Sure, perverse’s comment was akin to making a joke about someone’s name: you can be certain they’ve heard the joke before and that it wasn’t particularly funny in the first place. I’ll give you the “pathetic comment from A straight guy,” although even that’s a pretty harsh phrasing. But declarations that you deserve homophobia? Homophobic jokes?

Fight my ignorance.
Daniel

Here you are Daniel:

Pathetic comments = pervert’s comment, and a couple of others, nothing to get too riled up about though; the homophobic joke was courtesy of gyt_fx (how did you miss that Daniel?), and Malacandra suggested that we were asking for homophobia just by posting in this thread.

Like I said, nothing to get riled up about, it’s just a shame there were so many of them in this thread.

Anyway, back to the OP. I love lesbians, on their own or with ice-cream, either way’s delicious!

I believe she was referring to Malacandra’s light socket analogy. (I’ll agree with you that perverse’s joke was more plain old annoying than homophobic.) Malacandra’s remark doesn’t suggest a meaning of “Oh, you know how some straight guys can be…when the subject of lesbians come up, one of them is bound to make some weak joke” as much as it does “You’ve done the very foolish thing of bringing up the subject of lesbianism in a public forum, and thus you deserve to be punished with offensive jokes. If you don’t it, it’s your own damn fault.” Perhaps that is not what Malacandra actually meant, but if it isn’t he really should have given more thought to his analogy.

Guess you missed gyt_fx’s post, or maybe you don’t know the joke he was trying to tell. But trust me, it isn’t a new one, it isn’t a funny one, and it certainly isn’t flattering to lesbians.

You’ve always wanted to have a lesbian experience what?

A hair rinse? :wink:

Lamia, ScifiSam, I apologize. I’d never heard that joke before, and assumed nobody else had either; it doesn’t become homophobic until you get to the punchline (as I, googling key words from the joke, just did). Malacandra’s light-socket comment was too ambiguous for me to comment on; perhaps he (he?) can clarify what he means.

I am sincere when I thank you for fighting my ignorance in this case, and apologize for being a blowhard earlier.

Daniel
hopefully not triple posting

my sweet love;)

lesbian sex isn’t really sex, tho.
isn’t it just heavy petting?

Heheheh. You said “4-way.”

good, or awesome?

Um… people. Some are cool. Some are jerks. Most are average. Just like everybody else.

Let’s get this thread back on track.

Lesbians! Tasty, and I want more of them in my life.

(ladies ladies ladies…)

Sigh. Somes, I wish I was a lesbian.

It’s a ability to keep on going without the 15 minutes ‘recharge’ time that attracts me.

[sigh]
Should read “It’s the ability to…”

I’ve got nothing against lesbians…
It’s just that most homosexual women… are manhating dykes. Few are the beautiful ones that we wish to video tape and become friends with to watch :stuck_out_tongue:

It was just a… riddle thing, that was on Chasing Amy. Its a good movie, and it has lesbians in it.

Never a good start.

I’m thinking you don’t know very many lesbians.

Now I know you don’t know any lesbians.

Yup, yup, I hate all men and am reeaally ugly. Ask anyone who’s met me at a Londope.

Anyway

I do like lesbians, as a group of people more than any other group of people (Obviously individuals vary).

I like straight women, but I’m often amazed by the extent to which many straight women relate their lives back to men; although I do have a lot of female straight friends who aren’t like this, the ones I meet casually are. Gay men are OK but I don’t have that much in common with them, as a group. Straight men can be fun because they’re uncomplicated, but sometimes the gender and sexuality thing does get in the way.

On the whole, lesbians are easier for me, personally, to be around. Plus, I like to have sex with them, which is always a major attractive feature :smiley:

I give the OP an A for effort, but this probably won’t end well.

About gyt_fix’s joke, yes it was on Chasing Amy, a film I love, as told by someone who was clearly being homophobic (and who later got over it and came out, heh heh, love Jay and Silent Bob strike back, too.)
But I just have to say here:
I have personally had sex with a beautiful blonde busty lesbian. Lesbians rock!
OK, OK, details, actually she was bi, and lesbians rock if not biphobic.

I’m a straight man, and I Love Lesbians!!!

Well, two of them, anyhow. Namely, my cousin and her wife. And when I say “love”, I mean it in a familial sense. They’re both truly lovely people, and their (non-legally-sanctioned) wedding was perhaps the most touching single thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

So my votes are…

My cousin and her wife: awesome times five!
All the other lesbians: dunno, I haven’t met most of them

Mushroom Mushroom

:smiley:

Hey, speaking of which, auntie em and I are wanting to go dance with you at Missie B’s or the Cabaret whenever we all have the time. We saw you mention it in the Dopefest thread, but we never got around to saying anything. So, if you’re still interested, just shoot either one of us an e-mail. Until then, keep us updated on your goal here. :wink: