Let me be real clear: this message board does NOT need conservatives

:rofl: Do I need to donate to the swear jar now? Let me think of an appropriate charity…

Maybe if some Brits didn’t suck up every delusion the American RW produced, that wouldn’t happen.

Good conservatism = based on facts and in good faith.

Bad conservatism = not factual, in bad faith.

Same for liberalism, communism, anarchy, libertarianism, etc.

There are good people who support Trump, just like there are mostly good people who have affairs or get DUIs. But it’s a character flaw to countenance racism, even if you don’t necessarily subscribe to racist views. I don’t think that one character flaw defines a person’s entire personality, but having said that, people who tacitly endorse racism have to understand that to a person on the receiving end of racism, they are a threat, one and the same.

Even if you were a German and didn’t truly subscribe to Hitler’s beliefs on Jews, if you supported the Nazis knowing what their views were, you were part of the horrific process that exterminated Jews in Germany. You can’t just put your hands up and back away from it. Reasonable people can have legitimate differences of opinion over how to be an anti-racist, but I don’t think there’s any room for disagreement that, whenever you see someone campaigning on racist themes, that’s an automatic disqualifier. If someone doesn’t want their character judged or misjudged, they’d best not support such a character.

Beat me to it: just because we export bigotry, that doesn’t obligate people abroad to buy it.

Sigh. Some of my partner’s relatives are anti-vaxxers. They’re clearly buying it. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Does that mean you think there has never been a communist government based on facts and good faith? Or do you think there are good communist governments?

Really? You think retarded is something to laugh at, or compare to a swear word? Going to call something “gay” if you don’t like it too?

Again, wow.

I doubt there’s any use in arguing with DT. By which I mean they’re a disingenuous, dishonest asshat.

We are in the pit, where people regularly insult other posters, and speculate about what mental disorders they might have. And this is what you choose to complain about?

Yup. It is. I judge you for it and find you lacking.

Are you saying that it is possible to support Trump based off of reasonable facts or logic? I’d love to hear those.

It’s very simple - the prevailing ideology is very happy to debate with you as long as you are acting in good faith and based on facts and logic. They just also want you to know that anyone who disagrees with them is stupid, or a racist, or both, and is incapable of acting in good faith or using facts and logic. What’s the confusion here?

As I just finished discussing with @DemonTree, who has apparently now given up trying to support their side of the argument, facts are objective things. Sane, rational people can generally agree on what the basic facts of an issue are, and can debate realistic policy options on that basis. There is no point in trying to debate crazies who live in an irrational, counterfactual world, who believe garbage sources of information instead of reliable trustworthy ones because they prefer “alternative facts” to reality. So yes, it really is pretty simple, at least to anyone with even a modicum of critical thinking skills.

Yes, anti-vax is such an American phenomenon . . . [cough] Andrew Jeremy Wakefield is a British former physician. [/cough]

Or, does everything you don’t like have its origins in America?

This was possible the first time around. As I’ve said elsewhere, the Black owner of this weekly paper endorsed Trump in 2016, believing he wasn’t as bad as people were saying, In 2020, he endorsed Biden, having discovered that Trump was worse than people were saying.

Lacking in what? Empty conformism? I judge you to be a hypocrite engaging in recreational outrage.

Actually, I never understood why some people object to ‘retarded’. People call themselves gay, no one is calling themselves retarded. And no one cares if you call someone an idiot or a moron. Why is it particular words that trigger the outrage, rather than the meaning?

You’re right about anti-vax in general, but in the US it’s not just a few crazies, or people who are overly nervous; it’s become politicised. And I happen to know these particular people are really into Trump and ‘alternative facts’.

The 5G conspiracy was quite popular in the UK. That might be home-grown nuttery.

About the OP, I believe we’d be better if we had conservatives here too.

Was?
Might?
Do I have to start spamming YouTube videos* of UK; flat-Earth, 5G, anti-vax, Covid denying, SovCits?
*Not that that can’t be done with one video.