Lets all March forth and rant

I will start with the part about me being a noob and having to step up and start the rant thread again! You all are slackers!!!

We have been planning on going to the Saguaro National Park tomorrow for weeks. As we were discussing our pre-game plans tonight, hubs got a reminder on his phone that he has a VA appointment tomorrow. I have been stood up and am so crabby that I cut my bangs.

That sure made things all better. NOT>

So you’re still going to Saguaro, right?

By yourself…or with your next husband! He might like the bangs…

Any chance your current hubs could call in sick to his appointment? Covid is the go-to excuse these days, how 'bout …(fierce cogitation)… “Sorry for the short notice, but I just got notice ten minutes ago that I had contact with a Positive Superspreader Co-worker, they’ve put me in a hazmat suit and I have to quarantine immediately!”

I realize this is a first world problem, but it’s finally getting to me.

Pump bottle manufacturers: Did you guys fail physics? That little spout on the top really should go at least a touch past the side of the bottle. I’m fed up with my shampoo and other bathroom liquid products dripping all over the bottle after I’ve squirted the supposedly correct amount (one push on the pump) into my hand. If you’re going to make the thing so that it drips, why can’t you make the spout long enough that it’ll drip into the sink or bathtub so I can wash that crud down with the shampoo I’m rinsing out of my hair.

As I said, I know it’s a first world problem; however, it is rather annoying.

Are you nuts? It took over 30 years to get hubs properly broken in, I certainly don’t want to start over with a new one at this time of my life.

Seeing as how getting a VA appointment is even harder than getting a COVID shot appointment, we won’t be canceling it. I just got my revenge by calling the yard guy and telling him to come over and deal with the stuff hubs hasn’t gotten around to yet. When hubs comes home to find out that I paid someone to do the chores hubs has been avoiding for months will sure show him who is boss!

Hey, it was just February!

I live in the third most populated county in PA with close to a million residents, and we’re (currently) only getting 5000 doses of the vaccine a WEEK. Seriously, WTF is up with that? It’ll be MONTHS before I can get one, and I’m in the 1A category! At that rate, it’ll be nearly FOUR YEARS before everyone can get vaccinated.

I really, really hope that vaccine dose deliveries ramp up, especially now that we have a third approved and a fourth in sight of being approved, or I may not be able to leave my house until NEXT year.

What worked for me (Armstrong County, 38th largest PA county) was just banging away on my phone like I was trying to get concert tickets. I spent ten minutes every morning and again in the evening. One morning in January I got past the initial search and was offered a vaccine at a RiteAid. The next screen had a bunch of questions, but by the time I submitted that page I was told there were no openings.

Then, a few weeks ago I got to the details page again and I filled it out as fast as I could, and it worked! Don’t give up.

February is the shortest month of the year too so we didn’t have enough time to prepare.

Come to Phoenix and stay in Phoenix. Maracopa County is now vaccinating 55 and up. Outer areas are still 75 and up, so don’t plan to visit us in Yavapai County. From what I last heard, today they are opening another 50,000 appointments in Phoenix. Here in Yavapai, all March appointments have been filled since the middle of February and nothing else is opening.

One of our cats has “moved in” with Mom. She hangs out in Mom’s room, follows her around for warm laps and is really happy to have her own human. Mom likes watching kitty chase bottle caps around and saves them for her.

Today I was cleaning Mom’s room and found 17 bottle tops under her bed. I wonder how many other bottle tops are hidden under things?

Geez, scammers aren’t even trying anymore. When I work from home, I do answer a call even if I don’t recognize the number, on the off-chance that a vendor or customer who’s not in my address book is calling. I picked up today, got a confused lady saying “hello?,” then some pitch about how she was calling from “the Visa MasterCard department.” I didn’t feel too bad about just hanging up.

This! I ended up having to help my mom; she wanted to get hers through either her local healthcare provider’s office or Walgreens. Walgreens had loads of questions before you could even look at appointment times; we only got through those a couple of times before every Walgreens in this county and the adjoining ones had run out of openings. Her provider was a bit better; they announced that new openings would be added “mid-afternoon” each day, which turned out to be sometime around 3:30 PM. Once we figured this out, getting her an appointment was a piece of cake.

All these Q-Anon assholes are going on about how Trump’s true inauguration will be March 4th and I really don’t appreciate my birthday being dragged through the mud like that.

Here’s a rant. I was told I had to renew my driver’s license in person, so back in January, as soon as I got the chance to sign up, I learned they couldn’t book me until April 19th! That’s well after my license expires. Couldn’t they have just made an exception for COVID? A temporary extension? I could have uploaded a recent photo online or something. Now I’m going to be driving around with an expired license and it’s not my fault.

Are you sure there wasn’t a blanket extension? That’s what California did.

It looks like there was an extension last year that expires March 31st. :expressionless:

My parents are 80+ years old. Over the weekend my mother was upstairs cleaning and my step father was downstairs in the bathroom. He heard their dog barking like crazy and someone talking. He’s hard of hearing so he just yelled to wait until he can get out of the bathroom. He came out to see a 30 year old man in the house with a strange dog. He asked what the guy was doing. The guy said “I died yesterday.” Step father told him to get out and he’s calling the police. The guy left just as my mother came down to see what was going on. Turns out they had left a side door unlocked so apparently the guy went around the house, into the fenced back yard, and found the door.

A little later the police found the guy, who turned out to be mentally ill and had wandered away from his parents house.

Lesson learned: Sometimes home invaders bring their dog.

I’m in 26th-largest Cambria Co. and I’ve had both of my shots already. I’m not 1A but I’m a diabetic and a cancer survivor so that pushes me a little ahead of others. Our shots were given at the Pitt Johnstown campus, courtesy of Mainline Pharmacy.

Are we allowed to cross county lines for shots or are they in-county only?

I’m diabetic, which is what got me into the 1A group. Montgomery Cty is still scheduling people who signed up on January 13th. I didn’t sign up until January 26th because I didn’t see a notification that I could but did find the sign-up when I went looking.

Meantime, I’m trying Rite Aid every morning. Problem is that sometimes the site works and sometimes it doesn’t, and when it does work it always say there’s nothing available.

Also, try every pharmacy and clinic. A friend got on the waiting list of pharmacies all around the state, and finally got a call asking “We have a few extra shots. How soon can you get here?” “Well, I’m an hour away, but I’ll leave in two minutes!”

The Biden administration says they’ll have enough vaccines for every adult in the country by the end of May. Holy cow. They need to work out the logistics, but they’re ramping that up and … they went from no plans at all to this.

Actually, they started with less than no plans. They started with lies about vaccine stocks and availability. Good job, folks!

There has been work on the water main on my street for over a month now. Of course they are only here about a day a week. We had been getting notices of water shut offs during the day between 9 am and 5 pm. This week they are doing the work tonight between 9 pm and 5 am.

I’m sitting at my computer and I can hear all sorts of stuff going on. This is going to be a long fucking night.