Let's debate the wisdom of allowing Amazon and others to access your home while you are not present

Put a sink and a shoe rack in there, too, and you are set up to decontaminate when you get home during the next pandemic.

I leave my garage door open unless it is very hot or very cold out. I nonetheless sometimes find packages left on the driveway, in the rain. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Do none of you have cleaning services? It seems like the idea of letting people into your place is pretty well established.

Speaking for myself, no I do not have a cleaning service.

A cleaning service ripped off a number of CDs. Now I have no cleaning service.

Aren’t cleaning services bonded?

But the point remains that cleaning services exist and many people have them. The argument that it’s a logistical and logical nightmare to give people access, that they would have to have a camera on them every minute, or are likely to get shot, is settled.

Yeah, but when your gold watch or Monet is missing and the cleaning lady swears up and down that she didn’t take it, what then?

With a cleaning service, don’t most people get recommendations from a friend or a friend of a friend? Then you have some assurance that the same single person will not steal your stuff.

With Amazon, you will have different people all of the time coming inside your home unvetted by you or anyone you know, and it only takes one dishonest one to rip you off.

Actually, I think the opposite point has been made. Whether or not their worries are justified, enough people who get deliveries from Amazon won’t let a delivery person into their house for this to be a viable option.

That makes no sense. It’s not like there are a different set of drivers doing in home deliveries and porch deliveries. The same driver will be doing both. It’s perfectly viable even if only a small number of people use it at first.