Let's have salmon!

A certain thread put salmon in mind and I got some last weekend and cooked it last night. I can’t remember the last time I’ve made it a different way, it’s too easy and good.
How it started, a nice looking piece of farm raised salmon from Chile:

I line a Pyrex baking dish with foil which I coat with a very light amount of olive oil. Put the fish skiin side down and lightly salt the surface of the flesh with salt and a bit heavier with black pepper. Then, take a fat pinch of Greek oregano and rub it between your fingertips while distributing over the surface, effectively grinding the flakes into powder, just a hint for flavor. Next, use a potato peeler to peel large sections of the rind/peel from a lemon. Squeeze the sections, peel side down, over the surface of the fish to spray the lemon oil down. Cover the surface of the salmon with the depleted sections of peel from the thin side of the fillet up. There probably will not be enough peel to cover the fish so make some really thin slices of the remaining naked lemon to better cover the fish. Remove any seeds.

It’s a little difficult to describe but mine looked like this last night:

Then, move the oven rack to the top or maybe second highest position and turn the broiler on high. Put the fish in and keep an eye on it. I’ve never timed it but the fish is probably done when the peel strips are black and the fish is 135ish at the thickest.

I absentmindedly forgot to take a pic of the salmon after pulling from under the broiler. But after removing the blackened lemon parts and eating half the thing, it looked like this:

As you can see. it has some color and is even has some crispy bits near the edges. I put some Maldon salt and additional lemon juice (from the naked lemon) on, too, superb. And that’s how I usually make salmon.