Let's help pick Facebook's new name!

I heard that they were going to incorporate Twitter and YouTube on Facebook as well. Then they can call it YouTwitFace.

I’ve always just called it Facecock.

Snarler

16 chan

Or how about a nice comforting name like Big Brother.

MY rEseArcH

Despite the jokes here, this would be more of a restructuring than a rebranding. The idea would be to be able to separate Facebook from all the other properties that they own. It’s more a legal move that allows things Facebook does not to harm other brands.

Changing public prerception isn’t that much of a goal. How many people think Google doesn’t own YouTube? They technically don’t: YouTube, like Google, is a sub company aof Alphabet.

That, BTW, is why I keep hoping for a pun based on Alphabet. I can’t think of one myself.

Bankruptcybook. Morally, ethically and financially.

BGK, where instead of the KGB investigating you and recording your data, you reverse the process and just give it all up to an intelligence agency voluntarily!

Tripler
In Russia, Zuckerberg already has you.

Many of you are overthinking it.

Simple new name: Assbook. Logo can be a stylized “A”, but done in a way that suggests a crack.

Sure, like AxCx’s logo.
Fine.

flakeBake
fakeTake
hatestake

FactsNot

If you’ve got a new product and all indications are that it’s revolutionary and it’s going to take off like a rocket once it hits the open market, you might consider rebranding the whole company for it. But changing your name for a product that haven’t even built yet and don’t know will get positive reception?

Hard to believe that this isn’t just an attempt to move away from the recent bad press. For a rare exception, I don’t think it’s going to help much.

They could literally call it ‘YouKnowYouPeopleAreFuckingStupidForUsingThisShitDontYou’ and they wouldn’t lose a single customer.

Facebutt

Sounds like they’re trying to get into this metaverse thing:
Facebook’s Name Change Plan Reflects Its Real Priorities
Link goes to vox.com article.

Facekenstein.

It’s all been settled…

With a nod to making sure that no one thinks that corporate America isn’t a soulless, unimaginative wasteland, devoid of character and nuance but embracing ambition (and profits): Meta.

I know cytop got here first with the news, but I had that sentence composed in my head and thought it was good enough that it needed to be posted anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

I never Meta less imaginative rebranding.

Lots of Meh in Meta…