Let's make Earth the #1 Planet

What if it’s cherry liqueur? Yuck!

I am not against people having fun. However - DANGER CAN HAPPEN!

I know on St. Paddy’s Day things can get a little Jameson-y. But tomorrow, after we’ve had our “hair-of-the-dog”, could we please look at this and be scared?

I just now found this image - I don’t know what that dark stuff in the Center of the Earth is, but I guess it’s not Roman Nougat!

Wake Up America!

Who wears blue on St. Patrick’s Day?

Wow, I’m a lot taller than I thought I was.

How is the weather up there?

No, that’s just a perspective glitch.

It makes sense once you take into account the fact that the world is flat.

“What is your main purpose in going to the center of the earth?”

Laura Petrie - “To find out if it’s chewy or chocolate creme!”

I have some distressing news. My letter to Ex-Cong.Ted Yoho (see post #29) has been Returned to Sender, three months after I mailed it!

It was addressed to US House of Reps, Washington DC. with instructions to forward - okay, so he quit Congress, you’d think he might have left a forwarding address - guess not. Thanks a lot, Zip Code!

Since it seems I have to do everything around here, I have traced him to his retirement in Gainesville FL, so the letter goes back out tomorrow; meanwhile our Terra (Rocky Primary) remains in Great Peril!

I will update once he has responded, if there’s still a planet to update! I’m thinking Mercury might be a good place to escape to.

Why Mercury, you ask? There are advantages.

I was watching a series called “A Field Guide to the Planets” which had a Professor on it called Dr. Sabine Stanley, who had this blue hair (I think she might be a Lesbian, at least my Lesbian friend I was watching it with started making this strange guttural noise, sort of a “kuh-kuh-kuh”, that must be a signal of some kind) was saying some interesting things about our Innermost Planet.

It is closer to us than Mars - lot’s closer.
It is small; lower gravity equals efficiency.
Mars has a Carbon Dioxide atmosphere, Mercury has no atmosphere. Which is worse, no atmosphere or one made of Poison Gas?
Mercury has Solar energy to burn - put up the solar panels and watch the sparks fly!
There’s water on Mercury, I didn’t believe it either but Dr. Stanley says it’s true.
You stay on the dark side by walking around the equator. The Solar Day there is 155 Earth days! Good exercise!

Don’t forget, Tom Swift Jr. put air on the Moon; by now Tom Swift III has probably invented stuff that would make his Old Man turn blue, then there’s Tom Swift 4 and 5 (okay inevitably one of them will turn out to be homosexual, that ends the Bloodline so let’s milk it dry while we still can).

So Mercury’s the one! How bad can it be - we’re already Mercu-forming Terra after all (that’s just a joke, but not really - check the latest news reports!).

Something else I noticed recently. (In case any of the Monitors consider this a Thread Hijack; I started this thread (see post #1) so I can hijack it if I want, nothing you can do about it, not against the Rules!)

I mentioned Tom Swift Jr. (Beau Bridges could play him as he currently appears if Hollywood is reading this), son of the Original Tom Swift who’s probably dead by now, inventing things in Heaven. I grew up in the Boston area, so know all local television. Back in the 60s there was a show called Fantasmic Features on Channel 7, hosted by Feep, a tiny alien being mere inches tall who could hide in your shoe if he wanted. Feep ran these amazing documentaries that would give me nightmares, things like “Caltiki the Immortal Monster” and “The Crawling Eye”. I was probably way too young then to be exposed to this stuff, but watch I did and it changed my whole outlook on the World and many things Scientific that most people are too distracted to think about, hence the Man I am today, explaining this to you.

Cut to the chase, one thing that really astonishes me I can best demonstrate with these two images. (I hope they embed correctly - I’ve been having issues here.)

It should be pretty clear what this is about! In case it isn’t, #1 is Feep (archival image), below that you see a book cover showing Tom Swift Jr. in one of his inventions - it has been a while since I read it but I think he discovered this weird cave that was too dangerous to explore so he did it in this sphere painted with a special paint that he devised that resisted the caustic atoms that would have melted any normal conveyance. No matter; what’s important here is the remarkable resemblance to Feep’s head. Do you see it?

I know that odd coincidences can happen, but this really makes me wonder, was Tom in contact with Space Aliens? It would explain a lot!

Nobody has replied to these posts lately, but that’s okay; I quite understand the resistance in an age when we are on the cusp of boundless advances we never could have conceived of until recently. One unanswered question - where is Feep now that his show got canceled? Does he still reside in the Boston area? I will investigate and report my findings as they emerge!

fail to put your shoes on without first checking them

Feep actually did live in a shoe. One time a foot went into it and made a crunch sound, but he was okay after the commercial.

I’m checking in again briefly, and would like to thank all of you people who have kept this debate thriving! It’s just so satisfying when a topic you start really takes off - in fact, we’re nearly a year in now, and still one of Hottest threads on the Board! I tip my hat to all of you; it’s clear to me now that the horse is out of the barn and won’t be coming home any time soon.

But first I must pass on the disappointing news that so far, ex-Rep.Ted Yoho (Pirate American) has not replied to my letter (see post #29), which frankly doesn’t surprise me given the way he slunk out of Congress just in time to miss the Patriot Uprising like the rat on the sinking ship he has shown himself to be. Fine, we can do this without him! There are other cages to rattle, like Bolsinaro in Brazil - maybe one of you can help me translate my letter into Portugee?

What I really came back for today - I saw a very interesting movie on cable called “The Core”, and it really got me thinking. In it, something goes wrong that stops our (Terra’s) core from spinning, and the Scientists (Aaron Eckhard, Hillary Swank, Delroy Lindo) have to go down through the Crust, through the Mantle, right into the liquified iron itself and use Nukes to jump-start it back into action. (They do this in a hollow

(woops sorry, Butterfingers hit reply too soon)
tubular capsule which I’m sorry to say is a complete rip-off of Tom Swift Jr.'s Atomic Earth Blaster (AEB) but what do you expect from Hollywood, they never saw a Great Idea they wouldn’t steal.)

But what I took away from this is that apparently the Earth’s magnetic field is a lot more important than I gave it credit for - for starters, it protects us from ions that the Sun is constantly bombarding us with, which in the movie was somehow responsible for a tidal wave that wiped out New York (not sure what the cause-and-effect is here; I’m not going to watch the movie again but in any case the consequences were dire).

So what I’m saying here is, maybe better not to go willy-nilly messing with the setup we have - UNLESS we have something better to replace it with! (And let’s face it, without Magnetism all the compasses would be useless, any Boy Scout knows that, though you could still look for moss growing on the north side of a tree to get you out of the woods, but what if you’re in a boat - no trees - out of luck!)

Anyway, I’m going to re-think this whole setup, so pardon me if I don’t have an answer ready to go just yet. I’m still wondering if the Hero’s Engine idea (post #28) might be modified somehow to sub for the Spinning Iron that pushes those electrons we depend upon for our continued existence as a Planet. Meantime once again I appreciate your support. Who knew Science was so complicated? I’ll be back when I have an answer, and again I could use a little help with the Bolsinaro letter from anyone who can “savvy that lingo”.

If I’m remembering aright, Tom Swift Jr. was indeed in some kind of vague communication with aliens from “Planet X”, a recurring theme throughout the series.

I knew it! Now it all comes clear…

I appoint you the Expert on Tom Jr. because (hate to admit it) I never got past Caves of Nuclear Fire.

All’s I know is what I see in the reviews on the Amazon pages, and the Wiki page briefly mentions the recurring alien theme. IIRC I read about six of the books when I was a lad (mid-1960’s) and then got bored with them, and what I actually remember of those stories is nearly nil.

ETA: And probably all wrong. I remember the Flying Lab having no wings and using ultra-fast rolling pins to generate lift, but from those on-line synopses, apparently that was a different flying mochine he invented later. So, some expert I am.

Well to me the answer is obvious – just replace all of the Earth’s interior with solid iron.

We finally solve the magma problem, have all the magnetism, and as a bonus look tough to the other planets.

The only possible downside is gravity might get a smidge stronger. But I’m sure Nike can make a two-bubble-layer shoe, or the boffins will figure something else out. I mean, we put a man on the moon.

Well well, we’re back where we started. OF COURSE I want to solidify the Earth’s core, that was the whole point of all this (except for the post where I said we need to fling it into Outer Space leaving a hollow sphere; that’s obviously crazy, it would never work).

I guess you missed the part in post #1 where I said we needed to invent a ray to make the liquified atoms clump up. Now I’m seeing the trouble with that is the core would either stop its natural rotation and end the Magnetic Field, leaving us a target of Sun particles and maybe ending all life, or it would engage the whole Planet to start spinning way too fast and if that didn’t wreck everything it would at least make the days go by too fast - what if a whole week lasted just a few hours, how are you going to plan your commute?

So here’s the compromise - I’m just spitballing here, this might have unforeseen problems, but if we got rid of just some of the iron, enough to shrink the Core’s volume (the Atomic Earth Blister, post #22 could handle that easy) then froze the molten iron that’s left, it would no longer touch the outer shell and could keep on rotating - all benefit, no downside. That is, providing it doesn’t start rattling around like a loose pea, that might be bad but like I said, just spitballing here. Basically right now is when we need to seriously get on this project while those Trillions of dollars of Infrastructure money are burning a hole in our pocket, can we at least agree on that?

I saw it, but the point is, merely solidifying the earth is not going to turn it all to iron.

Respectfully, I think you’re thinking too small, and thinking of mere “band aid” solutions. Where’s your ambition?

Similarly with the need for moving fluids in the earth…I have magnets in my house, and I don’t see any magma on them. You’re fine with our planet getting its ass handed to it by a fridge magnet?!