Limbaugh sez "Dems set Foley up!"

[QUOTE=Biggirl]
Beat me by 3 seconds-- and so early in the morning too.
[/QUOTE]

It ain’t early in the morning in Baghdad, I had already had my coffee and everything.

Did anyone see Newt Gingrich on the news on Sunday say (paraphrase), “if the Republicans had reprimanded Foley when they learned of this, they would have been accused of gay bashing”?

The “gay bashing” part wasn’t paraphrased.

I actually saw it on Jon Stewart’s show, but it was from Newt on Sunday on Fox News. There is just nothing these guys won’t say or do.

I was listening to El Windbag pontificating on this while I was cleaning yesterday, and caught him saying:

“Everyone makes mistakes!”

Obviously Foley was trying to say “Good luck on your future endeavors” and his fingers slipped.

(Personally, I’ve been further repulsed by the apparent lack of spelling and grammar skills in an elected Federal representative.)

I think some of the typos can be attributed to one-handed typing. :eek: The rest would be an attempt to seem kewl, so as to put the pages at ease.

[QUOTE=Squink]
Breaking at ABC:
[/QUOTE]

Gee, thanks. I decided to check out the message board on that link, and didn’t even read past the first two topic titles before my brane died due to a sudden influx of stoopid.

[QUOTE=elucidator]
Damn! Another vast liberal conspiracy, and I don’t even get a hint of an invitation! I would sorta figure than somebody would clue me in. But nothin’. Nothin’ from Doggyknees, nothin’ from Elvish. Whattaya gotta do, anyway?
[/QUOTE]

You have to send in your dues. Send your $100 fee to my Paypal account, and I’ll let you know about our next Evil Conspiracy, due on October 17th. I can’t tell you what it is yet, but it involves making Bush look like a moron. Here’s a hint, however: We’re going to allow him to breathe.

It must be scary to live in a world where your enemies are as powerful and insidious as the Bavarian Illuminati, the Spanish Inquisition, the Learned Elders of Zion, and SPECTRE, all rolled up into one. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Leaper]
In other, related outrage, I note that other conservatives are using this to say something about homosexuals, and about the gay Scoutmaster controversies. Bah, I say. Bah.
[/QUOTE]

I think this is more likely to discredit right-wing ranting about ho-mo-sek-shu-ulz than to bolster the Republican leadership’s position.

[QUOTE=madmonk28]
The graphics on (Bill O’Reilly’s) show have twice identified Foley as a Democrat
[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Oh my god. Just when you thought they couldn’t sink any lower. This is just beyond my comprehension.

Such a blatant lie to smear a political party is loathesome, as I’m sure O’Reilly’s 10-year-old boy lover would attest. Sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. About O’Reilly’s 10-year-old boy lover. After all, I’m sure it’s not true. There is no evidence whatsoever that O’Reilly has a 10-year-old boy lover. Who is a Boy Scout. Forget I even mentioned O’Reilly’s 10-year-old boy lover.

Josh Marshall just posted this, had to share:

Had enough?

[QUOTE=tdn]
:eek:

Oh my god. Just when you thought they couldn’t sink any lower. This is just beyond my comprehension.

Such a blatant lie to smear a political party is loathesome, as I’m sure O’Reilly’s 10-year-old boy lover would attest. Sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. About O’Reilly’s 10-year-old boy lover. After all, I’m sure it’s not true. There is no evidence whatsoever that O’Reilly has a 10-year-old boy lover. Who is a Boy Scout. Forget I even mentioned O’Reilly’s 10-year-old boy lover.
[/QUOTE]

Forget it, tdn; it’ll never float. Everybody knows that, while a typical ten-year-old boy will eat worms in mud on a dare, there are some things he considers just too gross.

At ten years, wouldn’t the object of affection be a Cub Scout?

[QUOTE=Polycarp]
Forget it, tdn; it’ll never float. Everybody knows that, while a typical ten-year-old boy will eat worms in mud on a dare, there are some things he considers just too gross.
[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. Bill O’Reilly is not in an inappropriate relationship with a blind ten-year-old Cub Scout.

[QUOTE=Steve MB]
It must be scary to live in a world where your enemies are as powerful and insidious as the Bavarian Illuminati, the Spanish Inquisition, the Learned Elders of Zion, and SPECTRE, all rolled up into one. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]
Don’t forget KAOS.

Bill O’Reilly did not throw a very young Girl Scout out of a 10-story window. He was simply, as a scientist, interested in seeing Brownian Motion.

[QUOTE=Ludovic]
Bill O’Reilly did not throw a very young Girl Scout out of a 10-story window. He was simply, as a scientist, interested in seeing Brownian Motion.
[/QUOTE]
Drag him out and shoot him, luci. I’ll swear out the warrant later.

[QUOTE=squeegee]
Josh Marshall just posted this, had to share:

Had enough?
[/QUOTE]

That guy on the left should roll his sleeves up. He doesn’t look busy at all.

Oh, man. This just keeps getting nastier.

I think the Republicans might end up grateful for this story. It lets some of them beat their chests and show how “moral” they are by standing against it, while worse things are ignored or swept under the rug.

Sure, they’d like it more if Foley were a Democrat, but don’t underestimate the resonance of being able to say, “See? I’m not partisan. I’m against the nasty horrible pedophile even if he claims to be a Republican. See? There’s no political gain here.”

[QUOTE=Maureen]
Oh, man. This just keeps getting nastier.
[/QUOTE]

From there (emphasis mine):
*“He was consistently kind,” said Bryce Chitwood, president of the 2002 page class. “He was just a very friendly man and was always willing to befriend a page. It was something we appreciated. You find yourself very low on the totem pole of the congressional power scale. For a congressman to act like he was interested in a person and cared about us was something pretty special and pretty important.” *

Um, what? They’re 16-year olds, they shouldn’t be anywhere on the congressional power scale! They shouldn’t even rise to the level of “flunky”! What were they expecting? fabbo perks of the job?? lobbyists courting their votes on important topics???

This, with Foley trying to get into their pants by taking them out for ice cream makes me think that these pages are just stupid enough to fit in well with a career in politics.

… they still shouldn’t be sexually harassed, though.