Listing a woman's aliases?

You’re writing a formal type letter about a woman who has been married several times. You believe she may be using her prior married names in a fraudulant manner and you want to make the recipient aware of all these names.
Assume her maiden name was Mary Jane Jones, she married a Smith whom she subsequently divorced and then married a Johnson. Finally she divorces Johnson and, in the divorce proceedings, is restored to her maiden name.
Is this the proper form:
Mary Jane Smith, Johnson (nee: Jones)?
or this:
Mary Jane Jones, Smith, Johnson, Jones?
or is it something else?

Wouldn’t it be clearest to say “Mary Jane Smith, also previously known as Mary Jane Johnson” without having to go into the gory details of which was her maiden name, etc.? If dates are important, I’d think you could also just say “also previously known as Mary Jane Johnson (2001-2004).”

The way we do it on legal documents is at the verry beginning, state “A, also known as B, also known as C (hereinafter A).” This signifies that there are three possible names, but for the purpose of clarity, we will use the first from that point forward.

Where does the fraud come into this? Under normal circumstances she can use whatever names she wants including multiple ones. The U.S. doesn’t have many regulations on names. However, if there is a true attempt to commit fraud then that would be a legitimate problem.

I don’t think the OP meant the name use itself is fraudulent, but that the person is using different names in order to do sneaky things (like maybe Mary Jane Jones has a really bad credit rating, but since Mary Jones Smith does not…)

That’s my interpretation. The OP is asking about style and convention; specifically, how to make it clear that Mary Jones used to go by other names. Exactly what she did wrong really doesn’t matter.