little-known poster has baby

So since everybody else posts pics of their kids and announces their births, I thought I would too. We had our little sweet boy on September 24. He weighed 8 lbs, 1 ounce and has a bunch of wavy black hair. We ended up having a whole buncha people in there, which turned out great. I invited my parents to the birth, plus we had two midwives (one had to leave and came back for the birth), two doulas, plus my husband’s brother and his wife came and never left (we discussed it and it was fine with us – they offered to leave but we said no). My sister-in-law was awesome, like a third doula. It was a big party. (Except for transition – that was like no party I’d ever want to go to.) We had him at a birth center that is on a floor of the hospital – best of both worlds, I think. We are in love. He’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen. Here is a link to my blog with some pics.

Aaah! He is too cute! Congratulations!

Oh, he is very sweet! I miss the soft little newborns (my youngest is 10 months old now). I love his hair - I love it when babies have hair!

Congratulations :slight_smile:

What a beautiful baby and a beautiful family - congratulations! Enjoy him, he will grow so fast.

I love the photos! Beautiful! I want to sniff his neck and head. (I love that baby scent)

Beautiful! Look at that proud papa!

Congratulations to your family. :slight_smile:

Thanks, all. :slight_smile: I know, they are so soft and they smell so good…

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful baby. I love that sticky-uppy hair he’s got.

Are those other children pictured yours as well?

He’s beautiful. Congrats on your natural birth! I’m set for a homebirth in January and I can’t wait.

Congratulations!

I do recognize your username.

The baby is cute, the papa is proud and happy, and the other urchins are beautiful!

Congratulations!

eeee! babies! I can’t stand it!

There have been far too many baby pictures around here lately. What are you guys trying to do to me?

My favorite is the one where he’s got his lips all puckered up. You’ve got a such a flirt on your hands there. And OMG, what a pinchable little nose.

rushes off to take birth control pills

Congratulations!! Parenthood rocks, doesn’t it? :slight_smile:

Y’all are so kind with the comments. Glad to know someone recognizes me. I don’t post that often but I lurk a lot. Thanks, Drain Bead – good luck to you! I know, isn’t that little pucker funny? The other munchkins are his cousins – this was our first foray into parenthood. I’m 35, though, so we probably have to have the others pretty quick-like. Ack. I don’t know how people take care of more than one kid at a time…

Yep, that’s a way cute baby alright!

Take lots of pix - they grow up fast. Of course, they still remain cute forever, because they’re yours…

Awww…what a cute baby! The whole family looks so happy!

Congratulations!

GT

Adorable little guy! I love the shot where he’s puckered up for a big ol’ kiss from is Auntie Kalhoun!!!

Happy birthday, little guy!!

Congratulations, he’s absolutely adorable! Great job, Momma!

Look at all that hair!

Also, your husband is a hottie.

What a gorgeous family.

Welcome to the world, kiddo!