Looking for a Romantic Playlist

Okay so I having someone over this weekend and I want to create a playlist of Romantic music to play as background music during dinner and maybe for some slow dancing. I already have something I have used but I want to mix it up and get some suggestions. Instrumental and music with lyrics are both okay.

Any and all suggestions welcome… Thanks.

What genre? How old is your target?

Help us out here.

You want Latin? R&B? Country? Classical? What decade?

You want 70’s R&B? Barry White, Commodores, EWF, Teddy Pendergrass.

Weird things for slow dancing, and horizontal slow dancing? Art of Noise’s “Moments in Love” is pretty tasty. So is the late Donna Summer’s “Love to Love You Baby”

I like Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”, as well. Yes, it’s kinda rock cheesy, but if it gets you to your destination, who cares?

I kept it general as to not stifle suggestions but I’m 40, she’s in her 30s. I was thinking along the lines of Soft Rock, Pop, and Jazz (from all eras) but really anything others use would be interesting for me to hear.

Just put on Stevie Wonder’s “Songs in the Key of Life” and thank me later.

Not Given Lightly–Chris Knox

Just so we’re clear, is this “romantic” music, or, um, “romantic” music you’re looking for?

How about nice, not-boring music rather than Romantic?

This whole album is on the softer side (link is to the entire album as a streaming audio file). As is this one.

This pseudo-podcast (link is mp3 of show) on this page might have some songs you’d like. I can’t vouch for them all lyrically. Love songs are mostly alien to me. That show in general is on the softer side.

Hope I’m not too late

Jazz:

Soulful Strut - George Benson
almost any song from Bob James and Earl Klugh
Europa - Gato Barbieri
Maputo - Bob James and David Sanborn

Pop

Can’t go wrong with Frank (Michael Buble or Harry Connick Jr in a pinch)

Soft Rock

Hmmmm…

I’m thinking Eagles “Love Will Keep Us Alive”, “I Can’t Tell You Why”, and “Desperado” from Hell Freezes over.

“Desperado” is where you admit to her that you’re coming off your fence (or that she’s been on the fence) and one of you needs to let the other love them.

Now if you are in the zone after that last move, seal the deal with Teddy Pendergrass’ “Close the Door” and “Turn off the Lights”.

You must let us know how it went. I don’t want details, just a Thumbs up or Thumbs down.

I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. I incorporated several of them. Some really good stuff. As far as how it went… I’m a gentlemen, sorry :slight_smile: