Looking for Florida opinions; bachelor party

So a friend of mine is getting married and we thought a trip down to Florida would be a fun place to have spend a few days for a bachelor party.

Right now we’re looking at either Key West or Ft. Lauderdale. We’re aged early 30s to early 50s. In other words we want access to a golf course; bars, etc. There might be a strip joint in the mix, but honestly it would surprise me a little bit if we went that direction.

The preferred place is Key West, but the hotels we were looking at in Key west for Late Feb are running over $300 / night.

Coming back to Ft. Lauderdale saves $200 on air fair which is significant; and i’m betting there are cheaper hotels options; more golfing options, at least as many bar options.

So my primary question is “What do you guys know about Ft Lauderdale that would helpful info for me?”

Question2: What other suggestions can you give me related to the above info?

I haven’t been in Fort Lauderdale since about 6pm today, when I left the office. :slight_smile:
What do you want to know? We have bars, hotels, tons of golf courses…Fire away, and I’ll help with what I can.
I also attended a friend’s bachelor party in Key West. We didn’t do any strip clubs - mostly fishing in the morning, scuba diving in the afternoon, and drinking in the evening. We rented out a house for the three or four days.

Thanks for the reply. The decision was made without my input after all. Key West it is. We’re renting a presidential suite at one of the nicer hotels. We have golf and drinking lined up; not sure what else.

Have fun! Key West can be a blast…or very relaxing. It’s an odd city. In a good way.