Looking for Old Software......

If someone can direct me to a site where you can post an “I want this____, anybody have one?” message, I’d appreciate it. But for now, I’ll post here:

I’m looking for a copy of Phantasmagoria, a CD-ROM game from a few years back, and also a copy of “Scorched Earth,” a shareware game from the same time period. Anybody have 1 or both? I’ll pay $5 for each plus S&H.

OK, good time for this I guess. I’ve been looking for a game called “Pirates”. I think it was originally on the Commodore 64, but I believe I’ve seen it for the PC. What a cool game. You got to navigate, duel, romance women, barter goods and have cannon battles!

“I would far rather be ignorant than wise in the foreboding of evil.”

-Æschylus. 525-456 B. C.

rastahomie – oh, I have it! And it’s a great game! 5$? Are you nuts? I bought that when it came out. It has seven CDs and cost me around 50$. I think you can get a copy of it with the newer one for around 30$. Look at:
www.sierra.com

they may have it. Egghead or any other on-line software store may have a few copies still floating around. But you won’t find it for 5$.

Democritus – find out who makes the game and go into their web page. Most of them still have copies floating around.

Best!
Byz

I’ll have access to a copy of scorched earth when I go home. I could email you the game as a zip file.

Democritus,

Sid Meier (yes, of Civ fame) wrote a game called Pirates. I was a bit disappointed by it - I think it was an early effort - but it sounds like the game you describe.

Hope this helps!

In the bathtub of history, the truth is harder to hold than the soap… (Pratchett)

Scorched Earth can be found on the net as a download. I used to have the bookmarks, have since lost them, but it’s defintiely out there. One of my all-time favorites, by the way. Good choice!

Democritus:

I’ve been playing Pirates! Gold for the past 4 years, and just installed it on my new P3 500. It runs funny now (shuts down all by itself) and has an irritating copy protection feature, but its still a rockin’ game.

Jeremy…

I can think of no more stirring symbol of man’s humanity to man than a fire engine - Kurt Vonnegut

Doh…I forgot to add;

I’ve also been looking for a game for years, Task Force 1942, another Microprose game from the 1993-94 era. Any hints?

Jeremy…

I can think of no more stirring symbol of man’s humanity to man than a fire engine - Kurt Vonnegut

try one of the binary newsgroups, they have them. alt.binaries.games Post a request. Someone may post it & you can download it. But nothing like 5 cd games. No way.

Rasta,
Check out this E-bay search on Phantasmagora…they have boatloads of them, cheap.
http://search.ebay.com/cgi-bin/texis/ebay/results.html?maxRecordsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=50&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ht=1&query=Phantasmagoria

Zette (too lazy to look up how to shorten that address)

Click here for some GOOD news for a change

Zettecity- I finally posted a pic!

As long as we’re on the subject, I’m looking for an old game put out by Maxis (the company best known for SimCity). It was a game where you designed robots and then had battles between them.

Anybody have the original Lemmings or J-Bird?