Looking for Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

I’m looking for a peanut butter cookie recipe. This is for two reasons:

1. My friend/landlord/boss of the past few years has been a godsend, helping us keep a roof over our heads and money coming in. Peanut butter cookies are one of his favorites. I can’t give much, but I can give cookies!

2. My husband also likes peanuts, peanut butter, and cookies.

Bonus points if it’s bird-safe as well, because the family flock likes goodies, too (yes, they do get occasional nibbles of bird-safe cookies and other baked goods but rest assure most of the time it’s Proper Bird Nutrition)

Unfortunately, I myself can not eat peanuts, peanut butter, or peanut butter cookies (peanuts do not agree with me) so I’ll have to rely on others to supply me with a yummy recipe.

Peanut Butter Crisscrosses

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Cream together:

1 cup shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar

Add:
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
mix together well then add

1 cup peanut butter (plain or chunky)

Sift together:
3 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
dash of salt
then mix with creamed ingredients

Form into balls and place on un-greased cookie sheet. Then press down lightly on each ball with a potato masher to make the crisscrosses. Or you can press on each cookie with the tines of a fork. (way more fun to bash them with the potato masher!)

bake for 10 minutes

And the way to eat these is to put the cookie half-way into your mouth and blow air through it to soften it, then eat it!

1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg

Beat the egg, add the peanut butter than the sugar. Roll into 1" balls, flatten on a cookie sheet. Bake 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.