Looking for small business numbers

I am attempting to work out whether or not our President’s tax cuts (just the big two ) cause enough of a difference in expenditures to justify a business of 10, 100, 1000, and 10,000 employees hiring some quantity n of new workers (job creation).

To this end, I was hoping some Dopers who do this sort of research for a living (or who knows? for fun!) could give me some hints about where to find

• number of businesses in America and their sizes
  • average revenue of a business of 10, 100, 1000, or 10,000 employees (if you run such a business, please chime in!)
  • based on that revenue, those businesses’ pre-Bush and current tax bills
  • cost of hiring an employee (let’s assume that all employees hired are for “grunt work” at minimum wage with a very cheap healthcare plan - I know this is flawed but I want to give GWB the benefit of the doubt here)
  • benefits of hiring an employee

Hopefully, I can say “hey, we’ve got 500 businesses, and each of them could afford to hire seven more employees as a direct result of the tax cut; that means the tax cut created 3,500 jobs.”

Now, I know that jobs have not actually been created during this administration (in net gain terms). I’ve heard the reports; I don’t really want to get into a Great Debate about it. What I’m trying to do is isolate the effect of the tax cut from other effects, and searching for numbers to help me to that end.