Lost 1.16 "Outlaws"

Maybe he actually gave a full bottle to dad so he would drink himself to death.

We always play with much less honest question-type-stuff and much more about sexual deviance, really. :slight_smile:

I thought that last night, too!!

I don’t think she killed her accomplices–by her own admission, she killed “the man she loved.” She certainly didn’t love those guys, and I’m pretty sure she only shot that one in the leg.

I’ve forgotten already. What was the cause of Jack’s Dad’s death?

Maybe they had the film reversed? After all, the Aussies drive on the other side of the road and have the driver’s seat on the right, but Sawyer’s car had the driver’s seat on the left.

Or, maybe the gun was a custom job from the guy he bought it from. Sawyer is left handed.

UncleRojelio. Heart attack. Found dead in King’s Cross.

You sure Kate didn’t kill that other guy in the bank?

What a spectacular episode. I don’t really mind it when they don’t reveal anything as long as they don’t pile tons of new mystery on.

A few random thoughts:

• Locke as the story-teller was awesome. He has one great scene/moment EVERY episode. How can Terry O’Quinn NOT win Best Supporting Actor in a Drama? I dare you to tell me! The only trouble will be picking out his Emmy clip.

• Hurley continues to be a source of great humor. He had two great moments tonight. First, his commentary about getting caught by Zombie Ethan (“I get cramps.”) and then his confusion of Gulf War Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder “That was the other side…”

• I guess Claire, who is seeing everything with fresh eyes, is ok with Charlie killing someone in cold blood. It seems like that would have rattled her a bit.

• How much better was the Red Sox discussion made by the fact that they won since the plane crashed?

• I agree. The “I Never” was Smoking HOT! And adversarial at the same time.

• I assume Kate killed her husband. I’ll wager it will be the “let him die” thing.

• What was the significance of the boar in Sawyer’s childhood flashback/dream? We all seem to agree the boar is faux-Sawyer. Then why is he replacing Daddy? Eh. To paraphrase Locke, “Of course not. You’d have to be crazy to think that.”

• I liked the end when Sawyer realized that Jack was a “great man.” There is more to this story.

• It looks like Locke goes Soapbox Shaman next week. It seems a little sooner than I would have expected. Until now, Locke has been more of a small group kind of guy.

• Will there be 22 or 24 episodes this season? Also, has anyone heard whether the finale will be a regular episode or a two hour episode?

Well, according to the ABC site, it just says she shoots them. I don’t think she killed them, but I’ve been known to be wrong about things. :slight_smile:

It’s about time we got us some panda. Those Ent Dopers get all the babes!

I am not surprised that this episode was a bit “slower” since the last episode was rather intense. The nest episode looks like it could be rather intense again. They tend to follow up the heavier episodes with a slower one. Still we did get a couple reveals that we may or may not have already expected. We know that Sawyer’s name is James, unless he lied but I don’t think he did because I think maybe he was hoping to see a response from the guy.

So did anyone else think that …

Robert Patrick’s character is the real Sawyer and he’s playing James, our Sawyer?

Wow! A return to the higher quality of the first five episodes. Locke’s role as spokesman/flunky for the Island was a bit more heavy handed then usual but all in all a very strong episode.

So when Hurley and Charlie were burying Ethan, did anyone else notice anything weird right when Hurley was talking about zombies?

The shot was across Ethan’s body, looking across at the ocean and up at Hurley and Charlie, and you could distinctly see Ethan breathing. I think the editors could easily have either used a dummy for that shot or moved the camera angle so his chest wasn’t silhouetted against the sky, making the breathing easy to see; if they’d wanted to at least. I think that’s a distinct bit of foreshadowing there.

I think I saw Ethan breathing as well.

Well, the 2 hout pilot was cut in two to make 23 episodes. There’s rumors of a 24th episode being done, but I haven’t heard anything official myself.

Funny you should mention that… I specifically rewound at that point to see if Sawyer was on the correct side of an Aussie car, and he was-- he got out of the right side.

Really? I could have sworn that he reached over to his right and into the glove compartment to get the gun. Of course, by that time, I was also thinking “Yes, the damn bullets are still in there. It’s a gun, not a colander!” so I may have been distracted.

Re: Ivylass’ comment about Claire.

She was 8 months pregnant at the time of the crash. In the pilot Jack asks her how far along she is and she says 8 months. Supposedly, one month has passed since the crash, so she should be due soon. They tend to tell us at some point in almost every episode how long they have been there so we will know if time has elapsed since the previous episode. Example, I believe the episode after Claire was kidnapped the comment had been made that she had been missing for two days. So if only a few more days pass in the next few episodes she could still be pregnant until May sweeps.

Hear! Hear! It seems like The West Wing & The Sopranos have had this category locked for ages–here’s hoping TO’Q can break through. :slight_smile:

I think this is why he didn’t tell Jack about his father–it only dawned on Sawyer himself that perhaps he’s been underestimating this guy the whole time. I think he has some processing and soul-searching to do before he approaches Jack about this. It’d be a pretty humbling act to do so.

Oh, and Congratulations to Lost for winning OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING VISUAL EFFECTS IN A BROADCAST PROGRAM by the Visual Effect Society. This was for the Pilot, Part 2 (presumably, the plane break-up mid-flight).

This series is evolving kind of along the lines of X-Files: some episodes advance The Mythology, and some don’t. Last night’s was a Non-Mythology episode.

I was feeling sorry for Sawyer…until he passed up the opportunity to share his info with Jack.

I’ll check again sometime today, but I did specifically pause my DVR, rewind, and check to see if he got out of the right side. For some reason, I always look for stuff like that.

As for the “time is stopped” idea, I don’t think so. Wounds heal, hair grows, tides ebb and flow, etc. I also think the writers, in interviews, have stated that everything that happens has a logical (non-paranormal) explanation.

I no longer believe this at all.