Lost 2.5: "... and Found"

I don’t have tivo and I didn’t tape the show so I can’t double check, but did those legs look youngish to anybody else. Then there’s the whole teddy bear thing.

The others that brought us Ethan and the Nautical hobos also didn’t seem the randomly spearing survivors type either. They’ve pretty much left the main group of Survivors alone except for killing Scott (Steve?) and kidnapping Walt and Claire.

I guess I’m wondering if there aren’t other others. A group beholden to the Lord of the Flies maybe? Thought I’d drop that into the wild ass speculation pile.

It’s the Lost Boys!! It all makes sense now! All we need is a bad guy with a hook-hand and we’re all set.

Danielle said “the others” took Alex about 15 years ago, ergo, Danielle’s “others” can’t be plane crash survivors.

Of course, Danielle is barking mad, so it’s tough to put stock into what she says.

I still say the “others” we just saw aren’t the official “Others”.

It’s clear that the Others aren’t too keen on hygiene. Those were some filthy legs.

Any more different groups running around this island and we’re gonna need nametags! :smiley:

When Jin bumped into Sun at the end, he had turned around to look at a woman wearing orange, just like his friend “predicted.” It’s the little things that make this show so much fun!

Last week Sun made me well up a little during the happy musical montage, when she was alone burying the bottle. This week she made me well up a little at the end when she found her ring. Sun and Locke are my two favorite characters (and the best actors IMO), so I enjoyed their scene together.

And I still say that they are survivors who were turned into Others by the other Others. :slight_smile:

Me, too! Even though I knew all along that she’d find it, I still got a little weepy when she did.

Hm…interesting episode. I’m really starting to like Jin as a character…so of course he’ll be the one ‘lost forever’ in 3 weeks (3 WEEKS!!! Ah, the agony!).

I don’t think we learned much about The Others in this episode…except they move like ghosts and like to stake out random folks they find. Anyone have thoughts on the teddy bear?

Over all, didn’t move a lot forward on this one but good character development (IMHO) so I’m happy. There wasn’t a dry eye here when Sun found the ring…

-XT

As to The Others (original or new), I think its a combination. I think there is something that causes people to either ‘go native’ and join them or to stay…normal, sane, whatever. Maybe its something to do with the electromagnetic field, maybe something in the air or water…maybe something with the voices. I think that the folks in the rear of the plane were closer to whatever it is, so a lot of them either got wacked or went native. Or maybe they just couldn’t stand the hispanic chick anymore…I know I want to give her a smack just looking at here and I’m a peace lovin man. :wink:

-XT

Well, so much for having “Bearded Man” as a guest spot on this episode. IMDB was wrong this time on the guest listings… I was hoping we were going to see Bluebeard again.

Until I got to the part about the hook, I thought you were talking about that awful vampire movie.

So are we getting a new episode in two weeks, or three?

Can I be “Kato”, your house-boy? with TV privileges?

I try to avoid the “next on Lost” stuff, but I saw this one. I have $5 that says

Libby is this season’s Arzt.

Overall thoughts:
A good episode. More spaces filled, more spaces created.
Eight, ten Others at least?
Again, Hurley greats the great lines.
Locke comfortably fills his role as mystic warrior.
What did Echo say to Jin at the creek?
What did who? say to Michael at the waterfall that got him to leave?

I just adore the Jin/Sun backstory…
They were sooooooo sweet in the early stages of their relationship.

The single best dialogue:
“Mr. Echo.”
“Mr. Echo?” :smiley:

Warning - Huge Spoiler

According to AICN, the person who will be “lost forever” is:

Shannon

Cite

Just a thought about why ‘the others’ could have young one’s among them…
if the original scientist came to the island in the 70’s and had children, then they would be at least in their 30’s by now…
if they came to the island in the 80’s, then their children would be in their 20’s…
it’s a possibility!
Also…did anyone think that the legs going by seemed to repeat…it was as if there was only 4 people’s legs total and they were on a loop…bad editing??

It annoys me that the tail pple won’t just come out and give an upshot of why they act the way they do…any reasonable person would ask for more details and any resonable person would give more details…assuming that the tail pple lack trust and maybe are afflicted by a paranoia sickness, I can understand why they are scarce with their info…but why would our suvivors follow suit once given a choice?? They are still reasonable people…why don’t they ask better questions or insist on more thorough answers?? Bad writing?? Between the four (or 3) of them, they could survive without the tail pple! So why do they follow?? I would say, see ya later, we were doing fine before you guys!!

On another note…I was wayching S1 again and have kept track of some of the names people have mentioned or encountered in flashbacks… (I can post the lsit I haveif anyone cares)…
there is one duplicate…but it’s only a first name…just thought I’d mention it…
the name is Beth…
~ Beth — Kate’s friend who loves Drive Shaft (S1:2)
~ Beth — the pregnant patient that died because Jack’s father was under the influence (S1:11)

Just curious if it could be one and the same person.

Indeed. They’re like Hobbits gone feral–and a bit taller.

I’m still cracking up over Hurley’s story about his dog crapping out a buck-thirty-five.

Did Sayid have button-pushing duty? I’m guessing so.

With the waterfall noise, I couldn’t make out what Jin said about Walt to Michael towards the end, when they were standing there and Michael kept yelling. It was “You…something…Walt.”

So the big tracker’s name is Echo—correct?

That is such a killer band name.

Re the previews for next week, I was wondering whether Sawyer’s meat crater was going to start giving him trouble.

sings We’re following the leader the leader the leader We’re following the leader wherever he may go…

Okay, that’s the first thing that jumped into my brain when I saw the teddy bear.

I thought he said something like “You… find… Walt”

Man, has there ever been a more disapointing episode? Nothing happened. Nothing. Mike decides to look for Walt by doing what… wandering aimlessly in the jungle. Sun finds her wedding ring. BFD.

The one redeeming feature of this ep was that Jin finally starts communicating in broken English. I’ve been thinking how odd it is that he made no effort to learn at least rudimentary English. Sure, he was Mr. Standoffisness in the first few episodes last season, but once he started integrating into the group, he would’ve picked up some English.

Three more weeks 'til the next episode. Grrrrrrr.