Lost 3.17: "Catch-22"

Whooooosh!!

2 pages of comments and nobody’s talking about the episode?

(Am I the only one to have seen the whole thing yet?)

I have serious doubts Sawyer’s okay with letting Kate use him to get back at Jack, as familiar as the setup is to him. He’s becoming too emotionally invested for a good con.

Also, I have a sad feeling that Desmond is going to blame Charlie for the parachuter turning out to be unknown woman instead of Penelope, because he saved Charlie’s life and changed the vision. And just generally, man, poor Desmond. His love for Penelope is true. :frowning:

So much love for Jin and Hurley this episode…

Probably so, because it just started here (Eastern Standard Time, USA).

Bloody hell, it was only a vision. Ah well, Charlie still lives. For now. :wink:

Down here it just started.

It isn’t the first time and won’t be the last.

You need me to make you a mix tape?

Mix tape… nice.

So Desmond wants the events he saw to occur. Who’s coming to the island – does he think it’s going to be Penny? Or does he just think that whoever is coming to the island will help him eventually get back to Penny?

So I wonder if that was one of Danielle’s traps (the one that speared Charlie in the vision).

Kate’s trying to chat Jack up, and it’s not working.
Jack gave her the cold shoulder, so now she needs a Bad Boy Bang to make her forget her sorrow…

Desmond needs to keep his shirt open all the time.

Korean poetry slam!

Ping pong. “If we don’t play every 108 minutes, the island’s going to explode”.

Oooh, Sawyer’s figuring out why Kate jumped on him so eagerly.

I’m really enjoying this ep" ‘POW!’ makes sign of the cross

Hah! – Desmond climbs on Hurley like a stepladder.

Sawyer gave her a mix tape. Sweet.

It’s not Penny, but apparently it’s somebody that Penny send to find Des?

I found an old Pearls Before Swine from 2/19/07 that made me think of these threads. I haven’t been able to find it online so I will just have to quote it for you.

Baby Crocodile: Hey dad, would you mind reading me some nursery rhymes?

Papa Croc: Sure ting son
Jack be nimble
Jack be quick
Kill dat man
He make me sick.

Baby Croc: Please don’t change the words.

Papa Croc: *But dis Jack very annoying.

By the way, I have a Lost thread schtick, I hope it isn’t annoying.

Presumably the new person is Naomi

link (some spoilers about future flashbacks)

Brian

Hey, was that the woman from the jewelry shop from Desmond’s previous flashback in the picture on the monk’s desk? It went by so fast, I wasn’t certain.

I was actually hoping someone would catch that–the camera pan was so deliberate I knew something had to be up with the picture, but I couldn’t see who it was…

Yes it was.

That was about the worst bit of P’shopping I’ve seen in that pic. Monks get to have pictures of them and chicks on their desks? Learn something new every day.

Nice shout-out to Bernard.

Why are most men nowadays shown with hairless chests (like Sawyer)? There’s no way I would shave mine…