Lost 3.6: I Do

Not once in three seasons has any attempt by one of the Lost gang to gain leverage on a member of the Others ever worked. All their attempts to fight the Others have backfired.

So will this one. And so it will be for many seasons to come.

I am really really pissed that the crux of this show is now a love triangle. These people have known eachother for 70 days. SEVENTY DAYS. And now they are killing for eachother’s attention, doing dramatic things out of jealousy, professing their LOVE for eachother?

That’s such bullshit. If I wanted to see sex and professions of love I’d tune in to Desperate Housewives or some shit. If the whole show is going to swing on wether or not these sexy castaways love eachother and just how much do they love eachother, I am going to mark Lost as the biggest goddam letdowns in TV history.

Was that desmond talking about what they did to him (or what he went through) in the preview?

At least Jack asked a question. He asked about the completeness of the operating room facilities. Of course it didn’t occur to him to ask why there is a goddamn completely outfitted operating room on the outlandishly weird and mysterious fucking island populated by people who hate him and his friends for no goddamn reason!!!

Well, that was an episode.

Rather than open myself to accusations of trashing, I’d like to ask a question. Does anyone know why April Grace left the show. Back in the final episodes of Season 2, her character (Bea Klugh) seemed to be getting built up as a major character. And now she’s completely gone.

What I’m speculating is that Klugh was originally supposed to be a main character this season as well. But Grace decided to leave the who (or was asked to leave) and the writers had to invent a new character, Juliet, and hire Elizabeth Mitchell to take her place in the story.

Warning: this site has spoilers.

The question I’d ask is “if you have access to the outside world, why do you need me to do the surgery?”

Brian

Okay, I’ve got a question. Why on earth did Locke have to explain the TCM to Sayid? “The people on the beach call it a monster.” Sayid’s been on the island the entire time-he knows about it too. What the hell?

Did the writers have a brain fart this week?

well… that was a letdown… I wonder why I’m at all surprised at that…

So… Jack’s in a conundrum… if Kate calls, he fixes Ben/he doesn’t fix ben, he fixes ben but ben dies anyway, no matter what, Jack’s time will be pretty much done… unless Juliet can actually protect him, and I don’t think she could.

And a new question… who the frack is Jacob? Picket said “Shepard wasn’t on Jacob’s list”…

So, a new mystery… nothing changes… a teaser for next season that opens new questions…

I’m tired.

And Sawyer’s an exhibitionist because he knew they were being watched.

Heck, they both are. Kate may not have known about the cameras, but those cages weren’t exactly private.

I was hoping Sawyer was next for the ‘get laid and die’ curse, no fun it’s just the chicks who croak.

I remember reading we’d learn something ‘big’ about the island but I didn’t see or hear a damn thing. Pretty uneventful episode, too much like the first few. I’d figure they’d at least end this crappy storyline and move away from Jack, Kate and Sawyer who have just turned boring. We knew damn near everything there was a question about, especially in Kate’s case. I was hoping for a Desmond or Hurley ep at the very least.

That’s reason #2 for me hoping Sawyer would cack.

Now remind me, was Kate pregnant or not?

Not…

That was weird. Who complains about being ‘almost’ pregnant? Was she observing with an intrauterine microscope when the egg was just nearly fertilized?

She was worried about maybe being pregnant - being that she was about to go back on the run, a pregnancy would have been a bit of a problem. Also probably some guilt - she thinks she’s a bad person because of what she did and doesn’t want her kid to have a bad mother.

The screens on the security system looked old; like thirty years old or more. Is there any significance to that or was it just a question of set decoration? If it was a deliberate choice, it means the Hanso Foundation or someone else has been on the island for a long time.

YoSafBridgMon?

Poor Malcolm, always being drugged by hot women he married/was supposed to marry under false pretenses. I wonder if that was intentional in the casting.

Perhaps he could be a captain of some sort. Captain tightpants.

It’s possible that they know about the outside world, even two way communication, without them being able to get off. Especially with the S1 worries about mysterious contagion and vaccines and such (where did that go?).

Ben did claim that he can take Jack home, but maybe they couldn’t come back, if they were telling the truth. Or something.

It was an awkward way to communicate it. They don’t have a nice acronym or term for it, though. But it would’ve been more natural if he said “you know, the thing. the tree pulling mechanical howling thing that scares the shit out of us regularly”

I’m guessing it means Ethan.

Well I’ll be the first of many who’ll say “I’d probably do her right in the middle of Times Square”.
I know some people were on the fence, wanted to see this episode because of the apparently promised revelation. Well, those people are leaving, I’m sure. It was a good episode, but nothing was revealed.

If we’d have had this giant break in season 1, I’d have been craving more Lost, but now… eh, whatever, I’ll catch it in February.

Did Jack concoct his little plan before he escaped from his cell, or did he come up with it after? If so, why?

Feel sorry for ME because I am leaving for the Middle East on Nov. 21. And…and I tell ya, no Lost. I’m hoping I can see it on ABC.com. If I even get the internet in time… grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Or perhaps she’d been getting all excited about potentially becoming a suburban mom, and the negative reading caused her to realize that that’s not her, and she’s meant to be a tumbleweed blowin’ in the wind, babe. At least, that’s what I got from her reading of “I almost had a BABY!” Like, “I’m making breakfasts, scrapbooking, trying to get pregnant…What’s happened to me?!”