Lost 4.11: "Cabin Fever"

I hope so, she was a bit boring as the “my bay-bee” girl. I liked her calm, knowing smile in this episode.

But it seems that the show is betraying - or at least twisting - its own rules in that Claire was instructed specifically not to let anyone else raise Aaron. That always felt to me like one of the hard-and-fast rules of the Lost universe, and if they are now trying to say it’s not true or was bad advice, or some sort of scam…that feels like a cheat. I actually would prefer it, I think, if she were dead since that’s the only way it makes sense for her to give up Aaron. I am curious how this bit will play out.

By the way, I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but is anyone besides me utterly horrified at the idea of Kate and Jack playing family with Aaron? I hate, hate Jack and Kate as a couple, and adding Aaron to the mix is just forty kinds of wrong. No wonder Jack nearly flings himself off a bridge. Ew ew ew!

I think Claire is every bit as alive as Christian is.

What, just because we saw Christian laid out in the morgue means he’s dead? Woo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens he’s only MOSTLY dead!

Yeah, that was a fantastic moment. Kudos to the writers for throwing that little breather in for us.

I’m waiting for it to show up in some sort of Lost-Snickers mashup on YouTube :slight_smile:

Yes, but did you specify in which dimension it was mobile? :stuck_out_tongue:

Right. I was instantly reminded of the Lifesavers Candy ads from the seventies/eighties.

Yep, that was a Dharma logo. I taped it and already went back and looked when I was watching it earlier.

I think Keamy is awesome because he doesn’t buy into any sort of mythology or manipulation or anything like that. He just kills things.

“But Keamy! The island wants you to…”
BANG
“If I don’t push this button we’ll all…”
BANG
“I don’t know if I love Sawyer or…”
BANG

Also, I’m a fan of the idea that Claire is dead or semi-dead. It would explain why Miles was looking at her so funny the last episode.

Some thoughts:

• Mittelos Bioscience definitely has the key to longevity. I wonder if Abbadon is as old, or older than Richard? Also Mittelos = Lost Time.

• Some interesting, and hard to predict time dilation effects going to and from the island, what with the doctor arriving dead on the shore a day or two before he was actually murdered.

• It’s going to be hard to determine if Claire is dead or not. My guess is she isn’t. If she was, what could have killed her (am I forgetting something?)? Although, she was in a really weird, relaxed mood there. Also, even though she was told not to let anyone else raise the kid, doesn’t mean she’s going to heed the warning. In fact, the show wouldn’t have mentioned it if the kid, one way or another, wouldn’t be raised by someone else.

• What was that thing on Martin’s arm?!

• How the hell does Christian Shephard fit into this?

• I wonder why Michael can’t die… what’s in store for him?

• Is Aaron the same kind of “special” kid that Locke/Walt/Ben are? None of them were raised by their mothers either… hmmmm…

Also, I think we’re going to have another “purple sky” coming our way when they decide to move the island!

Maybe he’s the father. The fact that they were fighting over the guy she was seeing being twice her age in the opening scene is probably meaningful.

Brain injury or internal bleeding from the explosion she survived maybe.

Nah, we know who Locke’s Dad is. He’s the guy who stole his kidney.

I wonder if when Locke said “move the island,” he didn’t mean “move it in TIME (again)?”

Interesting. I took the Richard anomaly to indicate time travel, not fountain of youth. Actual, physical time travel would explain why he had items that already belonged to John (in the future) for young John to pick out.

I think Claire is alive, as is Christian. Whoever put the psychic up to warning her not to let anyone else raise Aaron, is probably on the other side of this thing from her Dad. What could he have told her to convince her that abandoning Aaron was okee-dokee?

My only thought as to why Michael can’t die is what’s been said here before…Ben has seen (or been to, or is from) the future, and Michael is in it. Therefore he can’t die yet.

Speaking of Michael, I seemed to have missed one important detail from this episode…can someone tell me when did Frank figure out or hear that Michael is a lostie? Missed that completely…

I have a question - or nitpick - about the directions given to Sayid by the Captain. If a bearing of 305 took them from the island to the freighter as per Faraday’s instructions to Frank when they first left the island by helicopter, wouldn’t the trip back to the island require a bearing of roughly 180 degrees difference? Seems to me that a bearing of 305 from the freighter would lead Sayid in exactly the opposite direction of where he wants to be.

Since the previews for next week show him reaching the island, I’m feeling like this is just a gaff – the script writers didn’t want to explain to the dumb TV watching audience how a compass works. (And if Sayid found his way back I guess John hasn’t moved the island yet :D).

The Orchid station logo on Keamy’s book

looks a bit familiar. Coincidence?

Plus, if she’s, you know, dead, she might be willing to let someone else worry about all the mundane stuff like feeding the baby.

-Joe

My thoughts after sleeping on it overnight:
I think the identity of John’s father may be crucial (just hopefully not in an Anakin type way).
Have aliens been eliminated as a possible explanation for the Richard, Abbadon and Jacob characters?
Still curious what happened to the rest of Ben’s group on the way to the temple. Hope they don’t find evil Keamy (sp?) there.
Guess the island decided to heal Jack up real quick.
When Christian (now there’s a name with meaning) says the baby is where he’s supposed to be, maybe he means With Sawyer.
How does Ben go from broken man to world-beater a la his flash forward ep?
I look to Vincent and Miles for answers on the island.
And what are your all’s speculations regarding dear Desmond???

Has Locke seen Richard Alpert on the island yet?

Didn’t Locke and Alpert have a conversation back when the Others evacuated New Otherton and Ben tried to convince Locke to kill his father?

Interesting screencaps:

Comic book in the test with Lock as a kid

Photos in Locke’s locker

Don’t know what it all means but I likey…