Lost 4.11: "Cabin Fever"

“Uh, Guys? Cabin.”

:slight_smile: Yay for Hugo.

Move The Island ?!

Engines to power! Turbines to speed!

Way back in Season 1 I said I thought the island was mobile. Yay!
Also, Ben’s mother was named Emily and so was Locke’s? But it can’t be the same Emily can it? Didn’t we see Locke’s bio mom at some point or was that really her?

Well, I wish I could remember who I had the debate with a couple seasons ago about whether Richard hadn’t aged…

Any theories on why Claire is with Christian? Is it because she’s not supposed to raise the baby? That’s what Christian seemed to be implying, that Turniphead needed to get off the island but Claire did not need to be with him. Claire’s complacency at this concept seemed… creepy to me.

I missed the first half-hour; does anyone feel like recapping or should I wait to watch it online this weekend?

I came in when teen Locke was getting told that he was a geek no matter how much he wanted to be the Prom King.

I know Keemi (Kimee? Keamie?) is horrible and scary, but I can’t help thinking he’s teh hotness every time he’s on camera. Is that wrong?

Oh man, I totally feel you there. I mean, I hate him so much because he’s really the “baddest” guy who’s been around so far (the other guys, like the Widmore people are just sly and Ben is a respectable Evil Genius) but man…I’d like to lick ice cream off his abs.

Or something.

So do we think that Ben and Locke are brothers? Would explain a lot towards why they are both “chosen” by Richard/The Island.

Both women were named Emily and we see that Locke’s mom runs off at the hospital. The women we see raising him looks nothing like her and his grandmother was asking about adoption. This might have been covered in the Season 1 episodes that I missed, but does John know he’s adopted? Was this Emily really his biological mother? We know that Ben’s mother supposedly died when he was born, so something would have had to happen in order for her to be the same character that Swoosie Kurtz portrayed.

I like the theory though!

Martin Keamy. Watch him in Smokin’ Aces sometime, it might cure that.

I wondering if maybe Claire is dead. Perhaps she didn’t survive that explosion, after all.

Going back to Richard, I think I know what he was doing with young Locke. He was trying to find out if Locke was the reincarnation of some important person. I’ve heard of Tibetan monks doing something similar when the Dalai Lama dies. One or two of those objects were important to the dead person, while the rest were meaningless junk. Supposedly, the reincarnated soul will be able to pick out the objects that it knew in its past life. Locke chose the wrong object, so he isn’t the boy they were looking for.

I’m guessing that Richard was working for DHARMA at that point. They seem to have been heavily into New Age-type stuff. Locke looks to be in his fifties, so Richard’s encounter with young Locke would have been at least a few years before he met Ben.

As intriguing as the brother theory is, I think the similarity ends at the shared name of their mothers. They may have both been named Emily, but they were played by different actresses, and that fact alone pretty much ruins the theory.

I always have an appreciation for actors who effectively portray villains. Not every actor can do it. Keamy elicits feelings of utter disgust in me, so I know Kevin Durand is doing his job well. Where most of the characters are getting a bit stale, Keamy has that frighteningly unpredictable fire behind his eyes that adds something new and fresh to the show. Every scene he’s in has a perpetual aura of unease.

Claire’s demeanor was certainly a switch. She’s fairly established as the second banana who generally has no clue of what’s going on around her, and now it would appear that she probably knows everything. Can’t confirm whether she’s alive or dead, but my guess is that she’s still with the living and will probably factor more heavily into the rest of the season with a new twist on her character and purpose.

Also, I had a few concerns that probably have no answers:

Emily’s mother (Locke’s grandma) saw Richard at the nursery through a window (reminding me an awful lot of something I might expect the G-Man from Half Life 2 to do!) and had an interesting reaction to him for someone she claimed not to know. Reasonable to assume that Richard has some connection to her as well?

Also with regard to Richard & Locke: was there ever any indication that Locke recognized Richard? They’ve had a few exchanges on the island but I don’t recall there ever being an indication that Locke recognized him from when he was a child. Perhaps he forgot?

I think the test administered to young Locke was just another in the long line of incidents through Locke’s life where people have kept him down, telling him what he “can or can’t do”. By picking up the knife and the compass, it might suggest that even from a young age he endeavored to go on an adventure, but Richard, like others throughout Locke’s life, don’t seem to agree he’s cut out for it. Perhaps this was the beginning of Locke’s need to prove himself?

Good episode. What was strapped to Keamy’s biceps? If I had to guess I would say a bomb that blows up if Keamy is killed…

Ben is so crestfallen now. I miss the fire behind his bug-eyes. I suppose we can let him grieve for his daughter and his loss of chosen-ness.

The black orderly who said Locke owed him, we haven’t seen him before right? I’m thinking it might be Jacob (WAG).

How many more episodes? 2? Can’t wait.

The black orderly is Abaddon (sp?) who organized Naomi’s party, and visited Hurley in the hospital as a representative of Oceanic.

If you recall, John’s mom found him when he was working at the toy store and introduced John to his dad (I think it was the beginning of the second season). Locke’s mom was an older woman; Ben’s mom died during childbirth. I think that they’re just two women named Emily.

ETA: I didn’t read the part of your post in which you speculated that we might have already seen John’s mom. My bad; but, of course, as you said it might not have been really his mom, and she was just some woman that was helping his dad pull the kidney scam.

The black orderly was Abbadon, who visited Hurley and sent Naomi off on her mission. Has anyone any guesses how he fits in?

He’s the guy who hired Naomi, right? And also visited Hurley in the hospital?

Off to Lostpedia…

ETA: never mind!

Oops - Didn’t realize this had been answered already - still curious to hear theories about the guy tho.

So was that a Dharma logo on the folder evil (but hot) Keamy took out of the safe in the hot-but-dead captain’s office? Does this mean Widmore was with Dharma and that Ben took Dharma from him? (just a wild spec here).

I’m going with the Claire’s a ghost now flow.

Hurry Sayid hurry!

My favorite moment was Hurley sharing his candy bar with Ben.