LOST 6.12 "Everybody Loves Hugo"

Jack looks like he’s about to crap his pants – seeing fake Locke

I thought these were Hurley’s ALT timeline side-flashes. Why are we suddenly on Desmond and Locke in sideways universe? And Desmond just ran ALT Locke over!

Nice usage of the creepy boat tunnel song from “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” over the promo for next week!

Thank you! I was trying to figure out where I had heard that before.

If they really wanted to contrast alt-timeline successful Hurley with original Hurley, they would have made the former thin. That would be a great way to prove that they had everything planned out: film all the on-island scenes first, then make Jorge Garcia drop 200 pounds, then film the alt-timeline scenes.

Flocke is a James Bond villain redux. “I intend to kill you. Now, I could just stab you while you’re tied up, but instead I’ll take you on a walk through the jungle, give you a speech, and throw you down a well.”

Seriously, why the hell did Desmond hit Locke with a car? Is he trying to re-create “original timeline” circumstances for everyone? And if so, how does he know what he’s supposed to do?

I think he’s trying to get Locke and Jack to meet. Jack will certainly be the one to fix Locke up.

I forget, has Jack seen Fake Locke before now?

I knew Desmond was going to be pushed down the well the moment they got there but I didn’t see that hit and run at all. Did Desmond ever meet Ben on the island? If he remembered him it must have been hard not to give it away. I think I know what hospital they are going to take Locke to. Seems like everyone who died remembers the island in the alt universe but Locke.

Dr. Martin what’s his name looks really good 33 years later.

What does it mean, “…people that can’t move on.”? How can that be scientific? It sounds kinda’ spiritual to me.

And speaking of which, how do numbers bring luck? Good or bad? That’s like saying that continue brings realm. Or assure brings binder.

I thought everything was going to be explained in realistic terms. This season seems to be more about giving past cast members one more paycheck than explaining the show’s mysteries.

I’m betting now it all ends up being that they’re all dead, trapped in a way station between heaven and hell, just like I, and a lot of other people thought, (and the producers poo-pooed) after the first few episodes of the very first season.

No - it’s first time Jack’s seen resurrected Locke

But they left the island. Unless that was all in their minds.

And checking Lostpedia, Ben and Desmond have apparently met at some point.

Well, it can’t be that much of a shock. They said they were going to see Locke, didn’t they?

Oh wait, Ben shot Desmond. And Desmond beat the crap out of him. Yeah…it must have been tough to just sit there in the car like that.

Well last time Jack saw LOCKE he was in a casket, right? You see someone alive that you thought was dead, it freaks you out a bit.

If he remember everything. I’m wondering if he does.

Well, since he arrived, he saw his Dad. He’s seen others before and everyone has talked about how the smoke monster is “Locke” now. So, surprised, but not blown away.

By the way, it was cool to see the Black Rock blow up.

I think I’ve asked this in the last three topics (and still haven’t gotten an answer), but when did the writers ever say there would be a scientific explanation to everything? It keeps getting mentioned, but I can’t find anything like that from Lindelof and Cuse.

I’m afraid that falls into the, ‘I don’t have a cite, but I swear I read it somewhere’ category.

But, for me anyway, it’s beside the point. The whole hook of “Lost” was that all this strange and mysterious stuff has been happening and I can’t wait to find out how, what and why.

So if it turns out that, hey, this is a strange and mysterious island, so that’s why all this weird shit has been happening, it’ll be kind of a let-down don’t you think?

Actually, they said: