Lou Dobbs Resigning from CNN?

Can you actually “resign” from a position as a TV show host? That seems to imply it’s an official title. I don’t recall anyone saying Jay Leno was resigning his position on the Tonight Show - they said he retired or quit or left the show.

John Kingwill have the program. Cool.

Goodbye, Lou. To paraphrase a certain vile gangster: you were a good newsman once, but now you’re bantha poodoo.

Leno didn’t retire or quit, and I don’t think NBC ever said any of those things. His Tonight Show contract ran out and NBC had promised the show to Conan O’Brien, so they didn’t renew Leno’s contract. He sorta went along with it but never pretended it was his idea. Dobbs was under contract until the end of 2011, and CNN agreed to let him out. So whether or not he’s resigning an official title, he’s quit his job, which Leno did not do.

And you can always tell who they are. . .

Did Dobbs resign on his own or did he resign pending being fired?

It’s the vacant stare and the toneless chanting…

The NYT said CNN told him a few months ago to tone down the crazy or walk, I’m guessing that’s what precipitated his quitting.

And based on the immutable principle that viewership=good, Fox now has a place of honor on the trophy shelf alongside other hallmarks of excellence, such as WWF and “Girls Gone Wild” videos.

Of course the most popular is always the best. We all know that McDonalds makes the best food on the planet.

Bill OReilly interview with Dobbs is worth watching. I was surprised that Dobbs discussed CNN’s plunging ratings. Plus, he took responsibility that his show was part of the problem.

http://video.foxnews.com/11663423/factor-exclusive

I got a feeling Dobbs may eventually get a show on Fox. Same as Greta van Susteren and Glenn Beck. Fox has hired some good talent from CNN.

Well, don’t keep us in suspense, man! Who?

I was talking about some of Fox’s field reporters and correspondents. Some of them came from CNN. I don’t recall names. I just remembered the faces from other stories.

I watch Greta. I Never liked Glen Beck on CNN or Fox.

I think he’s holding out for a regular spot on SESAME STREET. “Today’s episode is brought to you by the letter K which is only going to be given away by Congress and painted and changed into an F and sold back to us by Mexico”.