Low carb cheesecake! Want the recipe?

I just adapted a no-bake cheesecake recipe for my low carb diet. It has 8 grams per serving and its yummy.
Here it is:

Crust: 1 cup very finely chopped pecans ( use other nuts, if you like, but it changes the carb count.)
6TBS butter
1 TBS Splenda©

Filling: 1 or 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
1/4-1/2 cup cold water
1 package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Splenda©
3/4 cup low carb milk (Hoods©)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whipping cream, whipped

Prep:

• Crust:* Chop nuts in food processor until very fine. Add butter and sweetener, a little at a time, while processing. Press into bottom and side of springform pan. (I line the bottom with plastic wrap before assembling the pan.)

Filling: Soften gelatin in water. (for firmer product, use two. You’ll have to use more water, really less than 1/2 cup, maybe 3/8 cup.) Stir over low heat until dissolved.
In clean food processor, mix cream cheese, and sweetener. When well blended, add gelatin and milk, slowly. Be sure to scrap down sides and mix again. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
Fold in whipped cream.
Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate until firm.
Yields 8 servings each serving has 8 grams of carbs… But, remember it has lots of calories.
I cut it into 8 sections, then slide a folded piece of waxed paper between slices with a knife, then freeze. That way, I’m not obligated to eat it all :slight_smile:

Wow. That does sound yummy. Next time we have company over for dinner, I might have to attempt. One problem: I don’t own a full-sized food processor. I only have a little tiny one. Wonder if a blender would work?

Other than grinding the nuts, it can all be done with a mixer. So grind your nuts in the small food processor. The blender is too fast, so use a hand mixer or even a whisk for everything else.
Good luck. I’ve tasted it, now I may need to lock the freezer! :slight_smile: