Low-flow showerhead with powerful stream?

Does anyone know of a low flow showerhead that compresses that flow into a powerful stream?

I don’t care if it’s a really narrow spray, I just cannot wash out conditioner properly with this wimpy dribble of water I’ve got now.

I’ve been using a low-flow shower head, similar to this one (mine had a bale instead of a knob), since the big drought in California in the '80s. They’re like the cheapest ones you can get. When I bought my house in 2003, I immediately installed one. Mrs. L.A. didn’t like it when she moved in in 2010, but she got used to it.

I recently replaced it with one of these. Mrs. L.A. loves it. I’m getting used to it. It’s rather gentle, and doesn’t ‘scour’ my back the way the cheapo one did.

Johnny L.A.: Ha ha, the one you have now is the one I have now, that I don’t like. I guess I’ll look for the one you used to have. I need my back scoured. Thanks!

I bought my last shower head from https://www.highpressureshowerheads.com/ , and it certainly has a powerful stream, almost painful on one setting. I got the Aegis Hydromassage. I don’t think it meets the definition of “low flow”, but if you leave the removable flow restrictor on, the site claims they all use less than 2.5 gpm as per federal law.

However, the point of the site is that all the shower heads they sell have easily removable flow restrictors, in case you have low water pressure (wink wink).

I recommend taking yours apart to see if it’s clogged with mineral deposits. Removing those might improve flow. Because I used to have one like that and I was pleased with its performance. Now I have a handheld showerhead installed by the local water authority. Pressure seems fine and I like the handheld feature.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode “the shower head”. :smiley: