low-flow toilet, you really suck balls

I smell a subject for a Myth Busters episode!

Here is the solution to the problem. Get one of these babies.

Yeh, you never know for a while if the guy is one of those ones who likes to keep momentos of his dates in little vials on the shelf like an Abba fan.

:eek: Oh thank you. I needed another reason to be squeamish.

runs from thread

Really. I know when I pick a woman up for a date, that’s the first thing I do. She’ll be like, “I’m not ready just yet. Sorry.” And I’ll be all like “Nema problema. Where’s the bathroom?” Of course, the GPF doesn’t enter into the equation in that case at all…

South of the Can/US border: “They will pry this rifle from my cold, dead hands.”

North of the Can/US border: “They will pry this old-fashioned high-flow toilet from my cold, dead cheeks.”

My first experience with a low-flow high-pressure toilet was at a Minnesota gas bar. Unfortnately it was also my first experience with an automatic flushing toilet.

As I leaned forward to reach for some paper, the air cannon masquerading as a toilet went off, scaring the hell out of me as I lept forward in a panic into the stall door.

I don’t know, i can’t speak for all women, only myself.

Let’s see:

Farting/belching: I do this in front of my SO, and maybe some of my family. But I like to hold to a certain standard of decorum out and about, so I try not to do it in public.
Pooping: Well, this is purely a personal thing. Yeah, I’ve got a hangup about poop. It’s a big one, too. I don’t want to get into it too much except I’ve always been grateful I’ve been regular and never had any major problems. I don’t have problems changing kids’ poopie diapers.
It’s not like I’ve been raised too delicately or something. When I was in India, I pooped practically in public - some of the outdoor “restrooms” are simply four stone walls, with a opening that has a tiny - 3 foot or so - hallway, and a path to the “squatting stone”. All around there is poop. Other people’s poop.
I’ve pooped in outhouses and in the holes in the ground India calls toilets and not run screaming. You’d think it wouldn’t bother me but the fact is - yeah, poop creeps me out. Maybe another kid smeared poop in my head when I was a kid.

When my brother lived in Michigan, he smuggled a toilet from Canada for his remodeling project.

Is *that *how it got in there?

:smiley: That’ll teach you to give me a straight line.

I have a Toto-brand low-flow toilet which is awesome and flawless. I think it’s a tad less powerful than actual pressure-assisted-flush, but only a tad. In fact, I have 3 of them (one for each bathroom).

(I wanted to get one of those Japanese-style automatic bidet magic seat thingies, but they cost WAY more than the toilet itself.

Heh, touche - I might try to come up with a comeback, but I know when I’ve been outclassed! :slight_smile:

Hahaha. This and Anaamika’s statement made me actually laugh out loud. I agree, no dumps until you’ve been dating awhile.

Let’s hear it for the Detroit/Windsor and Port Huron/Sarnia crossings!! We get the toilets we want, they get the cash. If I recall, there’s a Home Depot in Windsor not 2 miles from the Tunnel, right up Oullette. That’s no mistake.

It was me. :smiley:

We recently remodeled at our workplace and had to put in 1.6 gal low flow toilets per city regs. Our plumbing backed up about every 6 to 8 weeks. It wasn’t powerful enough to flush all the contents through all the pipes (old pipes) to the sewer. We had to replace them with higher flow toilets after the final inspection.

Sometimes a little common sense is needed in these situations. They don’t save water if you have to flush it several times. I like the idea of a toilet with two types of flush or the pressure assist. I am planning on replacing my toilets soon so this thread was actually helpful.
By the way, the previous suggestion of having a bucket or pitcher handy to assist flushes does work. You can flush the toilet without flushing using a bucket, you just have to learn the proper pour method, slow at first to avoid splashing and then fast all at once.

The toilets at work are like this. even if you piss, you have to flush at least twice to get uncolored water in the bowl. Thankfully, everyone’s so used to using them, no one giggles when the sounds of three or four consecutive flushes waft down the hallway.

But but but…this is the 21st Century for Christ’s sake! Why don’t I just shit in the bucket?

Well, you could do that but I think that would pretty much guarantee no second dates.

You might want to have that looked at. IANA Plumber, but low flow or not, “things” should not be coming back. Once they are over the “hump” into the siphon, they should be gone for good.