Lunar Eclipse 5/15

From Spur Cross ranch:

Saw it through haze for a second. By the time I came out again with binoculars the moon was behind thick clouds. Bummer, but I’ve seen them before on clear nights.
Good picture.

Missed it. The moon didnt get high enough to not be obscured by trees.

Nice pic. Lunar eclipse day around here was sunny and warm and I was looking forward to seeing it. Later in the evening, however, clouds moved in and it started to rain. So I totally missed it.

It came above the horizon here (Oregon) shortly after totality, so we got to see it, sorta. Pretty cool.

I was actually able to see it! We had a clear day but with lots of big fluffy clouds.

I saw the shadow appear and the transition to about 15/16th covered, and during the last sliver it was covered in cloud (which looked kind of cool, like a blurry sliver portal opening in the sky). Then I saw a bit of the red period but it was covered by clouds completely about 120 mins after the whole thing began.

Still, it was fun to sit on the deck and contemplate the solar system for a bit.

Here in Eugene we got a welcome break from the clouds and rain which have been almost constant since the beginning of the month, so we did get to see it. I’ll have photos up when I’m done editing them.

The only disappointment was being unable to see the partially eclipsed moon as it rose, due to clouds over the horizon.

It was an excellent super flower blood moon here in Kentucky, the best total lunar eclipse I’ve seen since I was about ten and photographed an entire lunar eclipse in sequence on one negative, using an old twin lens-reflex camera.

From my back deck. The stars are real and correct for the time and place, but I had to past them in from another exposure .

Imgur

And a closeup.

Imgur